PDA

View Full Version : Tired eyes

dac0273
29-08-14, 11:07
Hi all
Does anyone else feel tired all the time , like when you close your eyes you want to keep them closed. I can't seen to accept this is anxiety and thinking it must be something ore sinister 😢

survivedhanging?
29-08-14, 11:15
doesnt sound like anxiety.......but must be something

Fj2014
29-08-14, 11:18
It could well be anxiety related - especially if it is affecting your sleep?

The symptoms panel on the left says:

Chronic Fatigue

What you feel:

You become extremely exhausted, burnt out or have no energy. You may feel tired all of the time and find even small tasks to be unusually tiring. You have no stamina and feel that you could sleep all day and then wake up still tired.
What causes this:

An over stimulated nervous system causes the body to rapidly use energy. Even though the individual may not be physically active, the nervous system, because of its accelerated state continues to tax the body's energy supplies. This continual and often invisible energy consumption leaves the individual unexplainably exhausted. Even menial and common tasks seem difficult and tiring to accomplish.
In some cases, even though the individual is exhausted, they find it difficult to sleep or rest. This then becomes a vicious cycle of being exhausted but can't rest. One aggravates the other.
Because a lack of rest further taxes the nervous system, it's important to do whatever you can to ensure proper sleep and rest. Unfortunately, many continue to struggle through their day with little sleep hoping to catch up later or thinking that this is how they are supposed to feel. This approach will only worsen the condition.
If you are experiencing this situation, I highly recommend that you do whatever it takes to get your sleep and rest patterns back on track, because nothing else will improve this condition. Even if you have to book days off of work or have someone come in to look after the children so that you can get some sleep and rest, it is well worth it. Sleep and rest are the remedies for this symptom. As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Hope this helps :)

ncfcfan85
29-08-14, 12:33
Hi Dac,

My eyes always feel tired and droopy (I do actually suffer with chronic fatigue (apparently)) so I relate it to that, but it could be lack of sleep, or it could be tired eyes from looking at a computer screen as I know I used to get this a lot in my younger years. It might be worth going to an optician first off to see what they say about it.

Dolphin8808
29-08-14, 13:12
I have always been that way... I love my sleep, around 2 everyday I could nap for an hour or more. But if you are anxious you could def not be sleeping as well at night and your body is showing it. Depression also can cause this. Not uncommon at all my friend.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

survivedhanging you are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike, that was not a very nice or reasurring thing to say to somebody who is worried, if you have nothing positive or nice to say, don't say anything at all.

hahahahah!!!! :yesyes:

swgrl09
29-08-14, 22:08
I have felt like this quite often lately with my sinuses acting up.