PDA

View Full Version : new long time sufferer

pearljammer
29-08-14, 14:04
hi all. Im new on here, ive suffered from anxiety and bdd most of my life. Im 33, father of two beautiful boys and run my own business. Most wouldn't guess what i go through on a minute bu minute basis but hey, im great at hiding it. Been on meds for ten years but think its all a placebo. Please say hi as i never talk about my anxieties ..........

crazybrain
29-08-14, 14:27
pearljammer, hey I know the feeling. I also run my own business and have been on meds for about 5 years. I'm a worrier and I always panic.

I avoid my problems with drugs, booze and sex. but it does get better my friend. One step at a time brother.

-cb

aprilmoon
29-08-14, 14:43
Hi
Well done for making the break to come through and share what you deal with.
A lot of people would be surprised if they knew the difficulties that I have as well,but its surprising how many of us there are out there.
Hope you find the site useful :)

Carnation
29-08-14, 16:14
Welcome Pearljammer, a lot of us on here are very good at hiding our misery to the outside world, that is why NMP is so Brilliant! :) Are you a drummer with a name like that?

Ruby13
29-08-14, 16:37
Welcome to you Pearljammer, I think we are all experts at hiding our anxieties from out family and friends, but well done on taking the steps to come here and tell us. You have made the first steps.

pearljammer
29-08-14, 19:32
i know, i listen to eckhart tolle everyday ;). Thanks for the warm welcome. Om considering going cold turkey off my meds. Been on the same meds for almost ten years now...its crazy. Im back up on the highest dose and im positive they are doing nothing now. What do you think? On mirtazipine. If i go back to doctors they will just change dosage or suggest different tabs. I don't want to be controlled by drugs anymore. I feel my head can be clearer without these pointless chemicals controlling me. Any advice would be great x

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Welcome Pearljammer, a lot of us on here are very good at hiding our misery to the outside world, that is why NMP is so Brilliant! :) Are you a drummer with a name like that?
haha, no but i sing and play guitar :)

aprilmoon
29-08-14, 20:24
I'm on Mirtazapine,but I haven't found it much good for anxiety,just depression.I take a very low dose of Olanzapine, which works better for me.
I'd love to be off meds too,but I know that won't be for quite a while.
I think when you're on a certain med for a long time,it can sometimes " poop out "on you,that's what happened to me with Venlafaxine :)