PDA

View Full Version : Pinching or Jaw Cramp?

Donovandine
29-08-14, 20:06
Hey guys!

So as I've posted from my previous threads that I do feel myself getting much better. There are bouts of, what feels like, residual anxiety but thanks to a lot of the help you all have been so kind to donate to me I've been able to fend it off without feeling as helpless as I once was.

However the previous night sent me into what felt like some similar panic. Which again managed to calm down but at the expense of some sleep.

Laying on my right side I felt what seemed like a pinch on the left side of my jaw. It was on the inside toward my chin. It lasted for a few seconds and then went away. All that remained was some tenderness in my chin. I couldn't quite tell if this was a cramp or something that is a result of TMJ. ( Also I have been diagnosed for TMJ before)

I don't recall clenching my jaw but being that the pain itself didn't spread or persist I didn't feel the need to call a doctor - though next I see my doctor I'll certainly bring this up.

So all that's really there now is what feels like a stiff but not painful neck and of course jaw joint feels a little inflamed again. Pain I've had before and pain I can deal with.

At any rate if there is any input that you all can offer I'd be very grateful.

Donovandine
30-08-14, 00:58
I suppose I'll take a guess at a lymph node having a moment.

MyNameIsTerry
30-08-14, 02:13
Was it underneath your chin? There is a nerve there that I've found spasms if I yawn with my mouth open too far.

Donovandine
30-08-14, 02:46
Was it underneath your chin? There is a nerve there that I've found spasms if I yawn with my mouth open too far.

Hey man, thanks for responding and yeah just underneath, a smidge back and to the left. It was only a few seconds but it was like have a charley horse while I was sleeping. ... Well a charley horse under the chin XD

MyNameIsTerry
30-08-14, 07:13
Ah, it could just be that nerve then. I've been having it for years and its mostly when I yawn and open my jaw for too long and it's like it spasms.

Perhaps some pressure was placed on it from how you were lying?

Take care.