PDA

View Full Version : I'm absolutely convinced the tests I've had are wrong

Orange Lightning
29-08-14, 20:33
Because no matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, the symptoms continue and worsen in specific situations. Let me explain.

The old "burning in my throat" is back, along with a lot of gas and mucus. No matter how much water I drink or no matter how much Gaviscon I take, I get a burning sensation in my throat after drinking, burping or leaning my neck to the side. This is accompanied by a sore throat that appeared out of the blue. The burning even reaches my ears

3 guesses how it appeared? From trying to resume a normal diet and lifestyle again. Only 2 minutes after I finished having noodles for the first time in what feels like years, my throat became sore like I had a virus. I couldn't make it stop with any amount of Gaviscon but I don't buy it as a coincidence that bad food brought it on. Also my burning throat worsens by the afternoon and evening, I burp a lot after eating a simple thing like a flapjack square, and I'm getting more headaches/migraines than usual. Today I burned after eating vegetables. VEGETABLES. Seriously.

But I've had all the reflux tests, and all the meds and treatments. I've even fallen for a number of hoax treatments in my desperation. WHY DOESN'T ANY OF IT WORK?! I'm sat here in pain, burning away up to my ears, despite doing everything I can to fix this. I don't understand. Why me? Why is this happening to me? Why can't the tests see it?

And worst of all, nobody believes me because of the negative tests. I'm sat here burning like a hellfire, but without proof, everybody thinks I'm making it up. It's all too specific to be anxiety - bad foods are the cause, JUST LIKE WITH REFLUX. So why do the tests say it's not reflux?! What in the name of all that is good is happening to my body?!?!

MRS STRESS ED
29-08-14, 21:14
Orange lightening I know what you mean ,that was me two years ago omg constantly having the same symptoms as your describing I was so vomiting bile ,it was pure hell back and too tests ,no one could convince me I wasn't I'll it had to be stomach cancer :doh: but two years on its gone completely.

I have had counciling thearathy medication and this has all got me too were I am today ,I had so many other hideous symptoms ,now let's be honest if it was cancer really would I be here ,you have got to start to believe in your doctors and tests that is the cure (belief) stay strong positive go and get some help to understand your real problem xx