PDA

View Full Version : dosulepin anyone?

xhyperyogix
29-08-14, 22:09
Hi all.

I wasn't sure where to put this as nobody seems to have even heard of this in the chemists even! It's a bit similar to ami and is a tricyclic so I've added it to this part of the forum...

So I'm trying to tittate up on dos and down on sertraline to acheieve something like 100 sert and 75 dos. Anyway, sertraline I knwo what I'm doing with it as I've been on it for years at quite a high dose and the doc wants to reduce this and add thr dos. I'm having huge sideeffects and wondered if anyone has / is on dosulepin. It's worked wonders for my mood in a leveled out grounded way that i never had on sert so I don't want to give up if the dizziness and headaches go.... 25mg is fine (been on it coming up two months) but can't get past onto 50mg!

Sorry about the italics - not sure how to turn them off!

Thanks all,

Natalie xxx

Annie0904
29-08-14, 22:20
I have taken Dosulepin for 10 years now. I was taking 125 mg at one point but now only take 25mg per day. How long have you been taking it?

xhyperyogix
29-08-14, 22:31
hi Annie.

Thanks so much for replying. I was on 137.5 mg of sert for a good while (inc / red as needed hence the odd dose as more than 150mg makes me hypomanic), and i was getting really bad restless legs so thios new doc wants me to reduce. Started dos on 25mg about 2 months ago for one month and it was great - got rid of rls. Then aftyer the first month the doc said to increase to 50mg and decrease the sert at my pace as I'm used to what it does. Anyway I went to 50mg dos and 125mg sert - omg floored me and after two weeks i was a mess - headaches, shaking, dizzy and just non functioning! I spoke to my pharmacist who said it was too much serotoin, and to go back to 25mg for two weeks but keep at the 125mg seret. So I'm coming to the end of that now and so tonight is the first night back on 50mg dos, and i'll go down to either 106mg sert or 100mg depending on how it goes, but I'm just worried that the side effects will mask withdrawal... I already know I'm too far down after two weeks just on 125mg sert and need to get some more dos if I don't increase the sert again. They only come in 25mg gradients as it's capsules and not tablets so I can't cut them.

Sorry for the rambly email, and I really appreciate your help! Glad to find someone who has been on this one xx

natalie xx

Annie0904
29-08-14, 23:21
I have never taken sert so dont really know about the withdrawel symptoms. dosulipin has worked great for me though.

xhyperyogix
30-08-14, 12:42
Hi Anne,

Thanks - I'm really happy it helped you. sert is my shorthand for sertraline btw....

Fingers crossed it helps me too xxxx

Love Natalie x

Annie0904
30-08-14, 19:09
Hi Anne,

Thanks - I'm really happy it helped you. sert is my shorthand for sertraline btw....

Fingers crossed it helps me too xxxx

Love Natalie x

I think most people shorten it to sert so I knew what you meant :)
Yes I hope it helps you too. I had a dry mouth for the first few months of taking it but no other side effects.

xhyperyogix
30-08-14, 21:52
xxx xxx :yesyes: