PDA

View Full Version : Trial and error from the beginning

BK
29-08-14, 22:41
Hi All,

Even though I have had anxiety for over 6 years I have only ever used self therapy and now at the point where I will go to the GP which I am slightly reserved about for 2 main reasons which I have concluded from plenty of research and case studies on great sites like this:

1) Doctors are too quick to throw the heavy medication at anybody with no real knowledge beyond the general idea of the anxiety/panic etc.

2) The success stories seem to be heavily weighted towards self found deficiencies/natural meds or a wide range of other physical problems which has caused the anxiety.

I have read about complete turn-arounds after diagnosis such as digestive problems and the 2 week antibiotics for this actually curing people with long term anxiety.

What I am saying is that I would rather eliminate every single possible physical problem like the above if it is just a case of a blood, urine, acid test etc. If time and money was no option to the NHS then surely this would be standard procedure for searching for root causes?

I know it may seem a long shot and clutching at straws but it seems obvious to rule out everything that may be fixed in a few weeks rather than months/years of therapy given the costs and waiting lists.

Has anybody else tried similar or have a list of the known conditions which can cause anxiety alongside them to start ruling them out ?

SADnomore
30-08-14, 23:41
Hello!

Well, there is a section for threads on Natural Remedies that may be helpful to you here on NMP. I'm not very well-versed, but I have heard that a certain problem with the thyroid can exacerbate anxiety. A contributing factor can also apparently be a folate deficiency. It seems there may be a blood test that checks for proper l-methotrexate breakdown from folic acid.

And loads of people find that their food sensitivities worsen their anxiety, especially regarding gluten. Obviously you will want to avoid caffeine. Alcohol and anxiety don't mix well, with anxiety generally worsening in the days after consuming alcohol.

I can't think of what other conditions cause anxiety, but as I say, there are lots of threads in the natural remedies forum here:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=24
And all sorts of excellent reading and tips and suggestions in the Problems/Issues section under Remedies, Natural:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/remedies/

Good luck in your search, please do post any findings that help you!
Marie