PDA

View Full Version : Magic Mushroom `Cure' ...?

UrbanMark
30-08-14, 22:01
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2014/05/09/compound-magic-mushrooms-treat-depression/

MyNameIsTerry
31-08-14, 03:52
Wow, thats a strange study!

The problem is that in the case of an anxiety disorder sufferer, their Amygdala has already been affected. Prevention of inappropriate anxiety won't be possible outside of a controlled test.

So, the question would be whether this could be used whilst undertaking exposure exercises so that they are exposed to stimuli that would make them anxious and by preventing a negative reaction and boosting a positive mood it would mean a reprogramming over time of the Amygdala.

ZenPit
01-09-14, 01:08
WOw that is pretty nifty. Not sure if I should go out now and switch over to this organic "treatment" or not lol.

All joking aside, that is very interesting.

blue moon
01-09-14, 01:59
What a load of bull sh.t

MyNameIsTerry
01-09-14, 03:58
What a load of bull sh.t

Well, that does help them grow Petra...:D

UrbanMark
01-09-14, 16:17
Yes, Bluemoon's argument is very convincing.

Emphyrio
05-09-14, 22:11
Is it not mushroom season soon? I remember seeing shifty looking teens combing fields near to where I used to live - clearly they weren't out simply to enjoy the great outdoors!

MyNameIsTerry
06-09-14, 03:58
Is it not mushroom season soon? I remember seeing shifty looking teens combing fields near to where I used to live - clearly they weren't out simply to enjoy the great outdoors!

Did they look anxious before they found them and chilled out afterwards? :D

blue moon
11-09-14, 06:36
LOL ...I wonder if they had seen Big Foot,Yeti or Ghosts:D

MyNameIsTerry
11-09-14, 07:03
Its a shame how the Princes Trust has gone down hill...:D

Yeah, they called the Bigfoot, Harry! :yesyes: