PDA

View Full Version : every littlle twitch or pain

stemac1982
30-08-14, 22:23
Hey ive been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for seven years now and everytime i have a pain in my chest stomach head etc i think the worse ... mainly is this a heart attack am i gunna die its making me a paranoid mess . Can anyone reccomend any help at all . All replys are truly appreciated

cpe1978
30-08-14, 23:02
It might help if you tell us a little about what you have tried so far to tackle your anxiety? There are lots of knowledgable people on here who will be able to offer words of advice.

stemac1982
30-08-14, 23:13
Ive had every scan etc visiting doctors numerous times to be told its anxiety . Im curremtly on 10 mg of propranalol and 2mg of diazepam but nothing seems to work ive tried breathing excersises books to but cant get any relief

Izzie2494
31-08-14, 00:07
Hi, I am exactly the same every little tummy ache or chest twinge I fear the worst and the panic starts , it makes me miserable and I know exactly how you feel, when I panic I try and think about what the doctors have told me and I repeat to myself "I am absolutely fine" , try to remember if it was anything serious pretty sure the doctors would have picked up on it, hope you feel better soon x

Serenity1990
31-08-14, 00:22
Pills never, ever, fix anxiety.

Have you been referred for CBT as of yet? :)

stemac1982
31-08-14, 11:09
Thanks alot for your comments im starting cbt on wednesday i had my phone call assesement last week