PDA

View Full Version : Hello ... 'bout time I introduced myself

Mehitabel
30-08-14, 22:38
Hi,

I've read posts on this site for years but only just plucked up the courage to join! I'm a life-long sufferer of anxiety and sometimes depression. I've managed it myself with some success over the years, due to a pathological fear of being labelled after a very troubled adolescence. I avoided meds for about 20 years but have been back on and off them for the past three years. The stresses have racked up, as they do for so many people ... elderly parents, job woes, relationship stresses, hate where I live, the list goes on.

I've been taking escitalopram which has helped a bit, but tried stopping recently. Clearly it was working, as I've felt rotten since. I've started it again now ... I'm a big fan of mindfulness but I've found its limits, i.e. when the problem IS the here and now! Anyone else found that?

Anyway, that's me for now. Hope to chat with some of you soon.

Baggs
31-08-14, 20:45
Welcome, I hope you find as much help as I have

HalfJack
31-08-14, 21:11
Ooh I like your name. It always surprises me how many intro posts are people who have been reading for a long time, glad you joined us :welcome:

My boyfriend has some of the same issues as you, elderly parents, job woes (because he hasn't got one) and where we live isn't the best etc. They fuel a lot of his anxiety. He's picked up recently after doing more exercise and making positive life changes here possible.
Nice to meet you!