PDA

View Full Version : palpatations

shereedac
24-12-06, 11:36
Hi there, i was lying in bed last night and i started getting like a beating drum right down the middle of my chest. My doctor has said before that palpatations are only dangerous if you are 80 with heart disease but can,t stop worrying. Has anybody else has this.x

sheree ritchie

snoopy
24-12-06, 14:13
Hi,

Yes all the time. just ignore them, they will settle down.

Snoopy x

Stu M
24-12-06, 14:18
Hi Sheree,

I get skipped beats and palpitations all the time, Snoopy is right, try and ignore them.

Although I know its very difficult.

Im assured by everyone I have ever asked that they cannot hurt you so try and relax if you can.

Stu

snoopy
24-12-06, 22:58
Stu,

Do you get them every day? I do all day usually. My anx has settled alot in the last few months, and i don't get the secound fear with them any more, ( as explained in the C Weeks books) but they still present themselves every day, worse at night.

The last Doc told me that i am just feeling them, when other people don't. That my heart is totally normal, but it jumps and skips all day. My gp says I have just got to live with it...

Snoopy x

Stu M
25-12-06, 11:04
Hello Snoopy,

Havent got much time as its xmas and ive just nipped away from my family for a second :D I will respond in more detail or PM you when I have more time.

But yes i get them every day and they wind me up something chronic :(

Try and enjoy the festive holidays, and Merry Xmas

Stu

KOKO23CAT
25-12-06, 22:35
i am suffering severely with them today, have had a tough day to be honest and am now worrying myself into a frenzy about going to the inlaws and eating tomorrow. didn't manage much xmas dinner but luckily my mum didn't hassle me. also worrying about not being able to sleep or having spacy dreams

"my life is full of misfortunes and tragedies - most of which never happened"

snoopy
25-12-06, 23:10
HI,

Hope your day gets better,

Why do you get yours? do you no what triggered them. I think they are one of the worse anx symptom to have. Arn't we lucky!!!

I might go on medication one day if they don't go?

Snoopy x

lin
26-12-06, 13:34
Hi Sheree

I get them all the time if it's not palps them it can be ectopic beats, I try not to let them bother me.

When i first got them 6yrs ago they did bother me sometimes they would frighten me.

Are you worried or stressed? they can cause them.

Try not let them bother you.

take care
linda xx

angiebaby
26-12-06, 15:35
I class my palpatations as a panic attack because that is the main symptom of my fear. I also get a lot of ectopics. My main symptoms are unreality, most of the time not just when having palpatations, anxiety and ectopics. I take my BP quite a lot and yesterday i thought i did really well. Didn't take my BP and was not too bad, kept busy. Just emense feelings of dread a lot. Even to get out of a chair!!! But i was sat on my new toy for xmas, DS, quite chilled for about three hours! Then i went for a wee, took my BP and it was high, 145/95, i took it three more times, still high. I went to bed and took it again and it was back to normal. My BP is normally alright and i know that i'd been chilled in the chair and then just gone to the loo, but i thought that was a bit high. Do you think it was because my hands and arms were in the same position for about 3 hours playing my game? lol. Angie.x

It takes a minute to get anxiety, but a lifetime to get rid of it!!!

shereedac
26-12-06, 17:17
Hi Angie, yes i think it was maybe because you were playing with your DS i know when i playamy sons playstation you get that excited or frustrated sometimes which is why your bp was maybe high. 145/95 is high but not overally high. I also just last week bought a bp machine and i am taking mines about two or three times a day. You just get obsessed don,t you. I had it out last night testing all the families. Sad huh.x

sheree ritchie