PDA

View Full Version : Mole is suddenly raised

Krypt0night
31-08-14, 17:41
For the last month or two I've actually been dealing with my health anxiety much better and hardly have even used Google to look up symptoms, but that went back to normal last night. One of my many moles is now raised that didn't used to be and I'm freaking out. I know this is a very serious sign of melanoma and I've never had a mole do this before. I'm going to get it looked at this coming week but I don't know when yet and I'm already very scared. I tried finding out if moles could do this for other reasons so I could calm myself down but couldn't find anything.

Jonesle
31-08-14, 21:16
I'm sure when dealing with my melanoma scares there was something about the normal lifecycle of moles being flat, then raised, then fading in colour? Calm down, your doctor will reassure you and tell you what to look out for :)

RoseEve
31-08-14, 21:27
I've had many moles that were flat become raised. It is good to have it checked though.

swanick15
01-09-14, 00:38
As said it can be caused by the normal life cycle of a mole but it also maybe the skin under the mole, you may have a hair follicle that is coming through and the skin is natural bumpy as well

ZenPit
01-09-14, 01:06
Get it checked out, it doesn't take too long and you're likely over thinking it. I worry about the same thing constantly, especially considering I have a few moles on my face that are constantly exposed to sunlight.

Go to your doc and let him/her do their job. :)