PDA

View Full Version : Hi....Heres a little bit about my anxiety story :-)

MrsO
31-08-14, 21:32
Hi Everyone!

So I'll get right into my story,

My anxiety started approx 5 years ago.
I had my first panic attack the morning after a night out with friends.
I got up that morning went to a market with my then bf and his mum, then came back home and went for a nap as I was still feeling slightly ropey.
I awoke a few times feeling like I hadn't been breathing, the 3rd time it really freaked me out and I ran round to my mums house in a complete state of panic, where I spiralled out of control into a full on panic attack (which I didn't know at the time! I thought was dying! you all know...) and ended up getting my mum to take me to hospital.

Once there they did an ecg and said that it was quite high and did some blood tests. By this time I was out of control and had to this day THE WORST panic attack ever, I didn't know where I was, I was talking gobbledegook, pins and needles, pain down my arm, chest pain, cramping hands. terrifying!
After going through all this for over an hour a nurse comes over and says "right your results all came back fine, you can go." No explanation, nothing.

To this day I think if they had explained to me that I had had a panic attack and took the time to tell me all about it I wouldn't be where I am today.

Since then I had a very bad year, having full on attacks sometimes twice a day, I lost a lot of weight and became completely miserable.
My partner at the time was completely useless and used to sit there and let me cry, giving me no support whatsoever.

Since I came out of that relationship it stopped, I would only get a panic attacks after a night out.
So I thought, right that's it, it was obviously the relationship I was unhappy with....no no no.

I then met my husband, who is perfect, I have no stress in my life at all, hes supportive with my anxiety, I basically have the perfect life.
BUT my anxiety has crept back again, present in my life everyday. I don't have full on panic attacks but just the day to day symptoms.
feeling out of it
tired
blurry eyes
very tense, sore muscles
dizzy
constant racing thoughts - I think so deeply about things like life and the horrible things that go on in the world.
difficulty concentrating
I am constantly thinking I have some sort of illness or disease or am going to drop down dead at any given minute.
I have become a really negative person and my self confidence has gone.
I have to sleep with relaxing music playing so I don't focus on what my body is doing when I go to bed each night.
I feel like life is passing me by, I have just had enough, its completely ruining my life, I feel like a fraud, I have no real reason to feel the way I do, ive been medically checked out more than once and im perfectly healthy!
I also have a loving supportive family and amazing friends.

I have read all the things on this website on particularly bad days and never realised there was a forum...so here I am :-)

Jefferiah
31-08-14, 21:42
I couldn't sympathise with you more...I feel exactly the same as you do most days.
You will find some good help and advise here, welcome!

Derekmiller
31-08-14, 21:51
There`s nothing worse than not being in control of yourself, especially when you`re sensible enough to know what you`re doing to yourself and can`t stop it.
I`m going on holiday next week and I`m scared to death I`ll ruin it as my anxiety has been getting steadily worse as I`ve now moved on to health anxiety having previously only been anxiety when flying. I went from that to general anxiety when going to strange places where I was away from home and a hospital?? Now it`s my stomach and lungs and I worry about this all the time and when I feel bloating/pain/heartburn I worry more and then it`s a vicious circle.

At the minute I have a tickly wheezy cough and, you`ve guessed it must be a serious lung disease. Its no fun. No fun at all/.

MrsO
01-09-14, 18:31
Thanks for your replies guys.
It's nice to know that we are not alone with feeling like this, it can be such a isolating thing to have. (Of course I wish you guys didn't have anxiety but you know what I mean! :-))
Why do we do it to ourselves? I just seem to have so much nervous energy, I need to pull my finger and exercise more maybe?
Last weekend my husband and I went to Creamfields and I was really looking forward to it, although instead of getting excited the closer we got I started feeling really really nervous and sorry for being graphic could not stop needing the loo and started to feeling really shakey!?
Do you guys tend to over think everything? I over analyse everything and can worry about the way I've said something to someone for days in case they've taken it the wrong way, which of course they hadnt!
The thing I hate most though is te day to day symptoms though, they are just so exhausting, what symptoms do you get? Xx

CarlaBoo
01-09-14, 22:46
I had my worst panic attack last night where I ended up in a&e my hands cramped up that much I dropped my phone I could not hold it. I was trying to ring my mum. My eyes started twitching my boyfriend told me my face swelled up and I couldn't talk due to my mouth feeling lob sided. I had two panic attacks last night as I had another at the hospital. Although they told me everything was fine. I started feeling breathless again tonight and I could feel an attack coming on so I decided to get my venlafaxine out which I had previously come of and so far I am feeling more calm :) it's really nice to know that I not the only one going through this as I am 22 years old and I was very frightened last night x

MrsO
02-09-14, 08:06
Oh no really? Poor you, I am 26 and it all started when I was 21.
I have had the hands cramping, it becomes like a claw!
I have never taken medication for it, I am really trying not to. The best "natural" things I find when I'm feeling a bit off it...rescue remedy spray, although I do use it more than the 2 squirts it says to, as it says you can repeat it as often as you like during the day, kalms and camomile tea, I do all 3 in a short succession and find it really helps.
This is quite geeky but found it really helps, might help you too? I've written all the symptoms I've ever had down and printed them out on the computer and stuck them up in my bedroom wall, so when I'm having a bad day I will go and quietly sit in my room reading what I've put over and over, survived it once...will survive it again! I also wrote things to be greatful for and things that make me happy and some inspirational quotes, seems to calm me down and realise that this is all in my head!

hopey
02-09-14, 17:45
Hi Mrs O It is not nice to see you feeling like this BUT it has been such a
help to read about your problems. I had a stroke few years ago and lost pherifreal ??? vision in left eye. Doctor put me on antidepressants which were alright for a while. Since then he has changed them several times. Am now coming off them and am finding it horrendous. Am feeling all of your symptoms
and thinking cannot cope any more. So your letter has helped thankyou all so very much hopey