PDA

View Full Version : Nearly there. A big thank you to everyone :)

roxy90
01-09-14, 18:47
Hello everyone.
After spending a few months away I am so glad to be back with a positive update. For the first time in over a year, I feel like 'me' again.

This time last year I was a mess, the lowest of the low. I couldn't go out the house most days, I sat and cried as I watched people go about their day without a care in the world, wishing I was one of them. And now (just about) I am one of them people. If somebody last year told me this time next year you would have near enough beat HA I would not have believed them at all.

I thought this was here for a life. It is such a horribly difficult mindset to get out of , once it's there it eats into every aspect of your life. It has been the most difficult time for me, I just cannot believe I am here on the other side.

For people who do not know me, you can read my old posts and see what an amazing thing it is for me to be typing this post.

For anyone who doesn't think they can beat this, you can. You can and you can! The most difficult part is kick starting recovery. It is so easy to have a few good days and realise that the symptoms are there, nothing has changed and it never will so sod it. I did that so many times. You need to stick at it. Have a change in mental attitude (this is so difficult I know) but you need to put a lot of will and effort into it, unfortunately it won't work otherwise.

There is no quick recovery, simple solution it is a hard slog but so worth it to just be back happy, enjoying my life and my family.

I've found distraction the main help really. I would start in small steps, I'd watch a TV programme and say I won't think about my health for 30 mins whilst I watched this programme. And then I could go an hour without thinking about my health. Eventually this turned into afternoons, days, weeks and now I'm on at least a couple of months without a major health meltdown.

Counteract every irrational thought with a rational one. STOP GOOGLING. I cannot emphasize this enough. It doesn't help it doesn't work and it is hardly ever right. Google cannot see you, cannot examine you and simply cannot diagnose you.

And lastly , use this site for support not reassurance. It is a wonderful wonderful place, I know that wihtout having somewhere to sound off where people understand what I'm going through , I would never have been able to do this. However, seeking reassurance through only serves as a replacement google. It works short term, until you begin yet another reassurance seeking cycle.

I could go on forever, but what I did want to say is thankyou so so much to all the lovely people who offered me support and advice when I needed it the most. I could not have done it without you (Fishmana, Katie, CPE, Nicola just to name a few). Thank you all once again x

nomorepanic
01-09-14, 18:50
Awww what a lovely post and well done Roxy :yesyes:

You have done amazingly well and come so far and thanks for taking the time to come back and update us all.

I am going to move this thread to success stories as it deserves to be in that forum.

Many congratulations :hugs:

Catherine S
02-09-14, 01:32
That's great news Roxy...and glad my usual polite comments helped a little too :D

ISB x

swgrl09
02-09-14, 05:16
Wonderful to read, congratulations! I will take your advice to heart.

Fishmanpa
02-09-14, 13:16
This is an awesome post! Great to hear this... People take notice! Look back at Roxy's post history and see where she was to where she is now and know that you can tame the dragon!

Positive thoughts

Annie0904
02-09-14, 18:57
Well done Roxy, lovely to read your post and see how far you have come in beating the anxiety :)

Moley
03-09-14, 10:50
Wow welldone it is so good to see there is hope

roxy90
03-09-14, 22:42
Thankyou so much guys.
There is definitely hope, even though sometimes it seems there isn't, you just need some faith in yourself. It can be done but you can only get out what you put in. X

Tessar
03-09-14, 22:47
Well, roxy, I don't have HA but I am certain anyone who does... If they read your post and the very sound device in it, it will be helpful and reassuring. Good to her how well you are doing.

wnsos
14-09-14, 13:12
This was so lovely to see and read! I'm so pleased for you. I love to see that we CAN beat it. Xx

caroline-j
17-09-14, 20:50
Well done Roxy. Great post. x

roxy90
10-10-14, 14:24
Its been over a month since I wrote this post, and everything is getting better (and only thanks to this wonderful site) :)

MrAndy
10-10-14, 14:42
well done Roxy and thanks for taking the time to post a positive success story.It helps people reading the site and gives them hope :yesyes:

hopey
20-11-14, 17:46
Well roxy what a great letter. I have not yet read your previous experience. But at this time it is most enlightening for me. Thankyou. hopey