PDA

View Full Version : What happens when the HA becomes real?

iPodClassic
02-09-14, 04:26
On last december I made the wrongful choice of taking laxatives after 9 days of constipation. Brutal inflammation of my bowels with liquefied faeces almost killed me by peritonitis. Nothing was done though, because nothing ruptured...

That is when all the things started.

Shortness of breath. Paleness. Tiredness. Low Iron (then back to normal), low lymphocites. Getting sick all the time. Massive loss of weight (can't gain even if I eat a lot). Muscle ache. Cold/wet sensation on some parts of my body. Fingertips always wrinkly. Sudden drops of BP whenever I have to poo (most of the times before and some after). Stomach stiffness. Gas/poo smells putrid every time I have a BM. No diarrhea though, always hard dry stool. And a few more I'm surely missing.

Funny thing is, I've seen several doctors, all of them say I'm fine, my blood tests are fine and it's all in my head. Even saw a gastro Dr, had a CT with Iodine contrast and all is fine.

Is it all really in my head? if so, I will surely be on my way to get some paroxetin or fluo just to improve a bit my quality of life as I feel miserable and at the brink of giving up everyday.

Thank you.

---------- Post added 02-09-14 at 00:00 ---------- Previous post was 01-09-14 at 23:44 ----------

Oh well, I'm starting to feel a massive cold on both legs even though I'm with heating on at max, and I'm well tucked in my bed.

Also my left leg started to ache, and this time, I get the feeling this has nothing to do with HA but with something real. Of course, many a time I have said this before, and it turned out to be nothing, or at least nothing requiring urgent care.

So how can I know? Only waiting. And yet I feel these are the last words I will ever say to anyone. How sad is that?

I wish you all the best.

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

Well, now my knees and calves are extremely cold, and I try to convince myself that it is nothing, because I am not in extreme pain, because I am not bleeding from anywhere, because its JUST A FEELING OF COLD/DAMP on my legs.

but then as I relax, I feel it in my chest, and I wonder if the ibuprofren I took for the headache has something to do, and I wonder why, oh why it only aches in my left legs, just like the pricking in my left hand, and how can anxiety be so clever to choose only one side of the body.

As I am slowly falling asleep against my will, there is one thing I'm sure of: I don't want anything bad to happen to me.

I'm sorry.

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:08 ----------

And now I feel like a dork because all of those feelings are gone.

tan235
02-09-14, 09:07
haha - sorry this post was ages ago ... but man, I'm not a Dr but all of this could be anxiety.
You know you will need to give yourself about 6 months to heal and during that time all kinds of things could happen.
Heres some advice I wish I could take.
Trust your Dr's.
Trust your body.
Breathe deeply, be kind to yourself and drink lots of water.
If you're still concerned just keep going back - it's your body.
I think you'll be fine.

iPodClassic
02-09-14, 15:55
Well, I did survive until today; so that's a step.

I just, yeah, I just don't know. I feel like REALLY strange and not just anxious. Like some chemical is ****ed up in my overall picture, and my body is getting slowly messed up.

Cags48
03-09-14, 12:01
I have loads of probs flatulence back and flank pain muscle aches sweating cramps and low iron so I know how you feel

Kaiserin
03-09-14, 19:12
Hello there,

I understand where you are coming from! I have health anxiety, but in addition I do have *real* health problems, some of which are yet to be diagnosed, and that is mostly what increases my anxiety. I always think that it will be cancer or sepsis or some awful thing that will happen because the problems aren't being diagnosed quickly enough.

Not to mention, Dr. Google seems to be a big part of my life now, and I'm trying desperately to stop that and not read up on what my symptoms could be.

iPodClassic
09-09-14, 16:05
Thank you both. And yes, I always think the worst! (sepsis and cancer have been there, also several other general system failures). I know I have to go back to flouxetine or sertraline, but I have managed to stay our of it for 4 years almost, I feel it will be a defeat.

wnsos
09-09-14, 21:11
It won't be a defeat, iPod :hugs: It'll help you and you'll be able to work through this.

iPodClassic
12-09-14, 21:40
Aww, thank you so much! :hugs: I am still to find a psychologist that can forward me to a psychiatrist and so get some medication. I keep postponing it as I've been really busy with work and fixing my car. I know, no good, and a bad excuse, but I really need to get myself to work this out.