PDA

View Full Version : Derm wants to remove mole, paralysed with fear

LosingIt!
02-09-14, 10:45
Hello

I posted a few weeks ago about a mole worry and finally struck up the courage to go to a derm with the intention of putting my mind at rest and moving on from HA. However, I am now more scared than ever before. Upon examining me I pointed out the mole in question and she asked how long I had had it for, I told her I wasn't sure. She said it seemed ever so slightly red around the edges, measured it and said I could come back in 6 months and if it hasn't grown she would be happy to leave it there. Then she said actually she will take it off now just in case. So I'm booked in next Monday morning. I asked her if I need to worry, she said I didn't and that if it was malignant it would be rapidly changing, she said she would fall off her chair if it was. She said she wouldn't of been prepared to wait 6 months either. Since this yesterday afternoon I have been literally paralysed with fear. I got into bed, where I still remain, haven't been able to go to work today, so now am panicking about that too. I dont know how am going to get through until Monday, let alone cope with waiting for the results following. The mole is 5mm by 3mm, brown in middle with a ring of light brown shade around it. Not itchy, bleeding, black or crusting. And it definitely hasn't changed in the last 4 weeks. Please help! I don't know how to cope with this. My boyfriend is adamant it is fine.

Thanks everyone xxx

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Help, please can anyone talk to me xxx

puzzledlass
02-09-14, 10:49
Your doctor said she wasn't worried. It's a good thing they're removing it! If my doc said that to me I would not be worried :)

Justinf
02-09-14, 11:05
You've answered your own question. There is nothing to worry about. Your doctor said it herself.

nomorepanic
02-09-14, 12:39
It really isn't worth losing sleep over and winding yourself up.

Doctor's know what to look for in moles and yours is fine. People get them removed every day.

Brunette
02-09-14, 13:24
It's perfectly fine, stop worrying - and please make sure you go into work tomorrow.

You can't possibly allow yourself to be confined to bed in fear over something like this!

Magic
02-09-14, 16:07
Don't worry LosingIt It will be fine:hugs:

firecracker777
22-09-14, 17:25
Hi! How did your results turn out? I hope everything is ok!