PDA

View Full Version : Really need some advice plz anxiety?

Donna21
02-09-14, 14:22
Hi I made an emergency appointment At my doctors today to see someone as this anxiety/health related and distressing thoughts is getting too much to bear, just wondered would anyone feel stupid seeing a doctor in an emergency if you felt that your anxiety was getting worse? I feel like I shouldn't be bothering them about my state of mind but can't make a regular appointment until 2 weeks time and I'm not sure I can hang on for that long! I really just want to sort this anxiety out once and for all as it's taking over me! Not sure what else to do! X

wnsos
02-09-14, 15:00
Hi I made an emergency appointment At my doctors today to see someone as this anxiety/health related and distressing thoughts is getting too much to bear, just wondered would anyone feel stupid seeing a doctor in an emergency if you felt that your anxiety was getting worse? I feel like I shouldn't be bothering them about my state of mind but can't make a regular appointment until 2 weeks time and I'm not sure I can hang on for that long! I really just want to sort this anxiety out once and for all as it's taking over me! Not sure what else to do! X

I always seem to sit there feeling stupid when I make emergency appointments (or even regular ones!) and then the anxiety makes that feeling even worse for you. Anxiety is an awful awful thing and I personally just had the not sure if I can hang on two weeks feeling only yesterday. I hope your appointment brings your mind some peace and some ease x

iPodClassic
02-09-14, 15:46
Dont feel stupid. Anxiety IS a condition, and for some, even a disease. Mental health. There are medications and treaments for it, so I don't think it's any less than a 'real' illness.

Make as many appointments as you need, and visit the emergency room as much as you need, because if you're not getting a bit better or at least some peace of mind, it's their fault for not providing proper care.

You don't want to feel like this, so don't feel sorry for feeling like this.

Hugs and I hope you feel better soon! if you need anything just let me know.

Donna21
02-09-14, 18:55
Been to my appointment today and was seen by the nicest doctor ever who sat down and talked to me for 40 minutes! Sat crying for half an hour but glad I went now, she told me I was young and healthy and not to worry about anything health wise. (Easier said than done I know) but I feel a lot better tonight, just trying to keep myself busy and distract myself, she gave me some good advice which may help others too, write your thoughts down and then put them to one side and then it's not sitting there in your mind. Feel drained today but a lot calmer than I was this morning, thank you everyone for your kind words, they mean a lot xxxxxx

Fishmanpa
02-09-14, 19:13
Been to my appointment today and was seen by the nicest doctor ever who sat down and talked to me for 40 minutes! Sat crying for half an hour but glad I went now, she told me I was young and healthy and not to worry about anything health wise. (Easier said than done I know) but I feel a lot better tonight, just trying to keep myself busy and distract myself, she gave me some good advice which may help others too, write your thoughts down and then put them to one side and then it's not sitting there in your mind. Feel drained today but a lot calmer than I was this morning, thank you everyone for your kind words, they mean a lot xxxxxx

That's great news Donna! Like was mentioned, anxiety is an illness and it can be treated and you can heal. Did you discuss what you might do to treat it?... Like a referral to a mental health professional, CBT or meds?

Positive thoughts

Donna21
02-09-14, 19:19
Yeah I'm on the waiting list for cbt and the doctor has upped my dosage of sertraline to 150mg instead of 100mg and see how I get on with that for a couple of weeks, and if that doesn't work to go back and see her again. I must of looked a right state coming out of the doctors as there were lines down my face off the tears!! :/ it's so hard to stay in a positive state of mind 24-7 but I'm gonna try a bit harder, hate having anxiety it's horrible. X

Ruby13
02-09-14, 19:22
Glad you had a good chat with your GP. I have also had to make emergency appointment to and felt stupid, but my doctor has always been brilliant.

Donna21
02-09-14, 19:28
I never thought a GP could be like that? Normally they rush you out but was amazed at how understanding she was, think I owe her another box of tissues though!!! I think some people are lucky to get a GP like that as so many are too busy these days. Xx

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

There doesn't seem to be an awful lot of help out there for mental health issues, I know there is counselling and cbt therapy but there needs to be other help for people out there. X