PDA

View Full Version : I'm so scared right now

scaredsick
02-09-14, 22:31
Hey everyone I need some advice I'm so scared right now :-(

Around 3 weeks ago i had some discomfort with bathroom habits, mixture of constipation and diarreah and really sore, burning in the rectum. This was a constant throb and really uncomfortable and instated googling symptoms (clever) and obviously the stuff that comes up is crazy. Anyway I have been worrying like crazy but managed to get the pain under control with paracetamol and nurofen and this pain has now gone. Although I'm still suffering bout of one r the other... Around the time of the start of this I had been eating jalepenos with every lunch (subway) so I though maybe inflamed piles as those things are crazy

Around a week after this had all started I noticed I had dropped some weight quite quickly, not sure how much as didn't know what my weight was but my arms and legs are definitely thinner trousers looser etc I have monitors my weight over a week (daily) and it has fluctuated by 2 pound up and down (lowest today) I don't seem any heavier at night that the morning I know I should t weigh everyday it's just my clothes feel like they are getting looser

For the past 2 maybe 3 days my stomach seems more churned than ever feels like a knot in my stomach and constant nausea which means I can't stomach much food and it's a real effort to get anything down although I am drinking lots of water

Couple of other things... Massively dry mouth, urine seems clear enough stools semi soft today but just feel constantly sick and terrified I'm dying I can't barely cope I love my family so much and it worries me how they will cope without me my daughter is only 3 my wife doesn't work so they rely on me to survive I have life insurance but how will they cope without me 😢😢😢😢😢

Constant nausea, weight loss, toilet troubles I'm so scared

iPodClassic
02-09-14, 22:44
Don't worry mate. I've been there. It's nothing deadly for sure.

Read my post and you will see, that I am in the same boat as you and I'm still here, at work, living through the day.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=159262

Stomach things are rarely deadly. I almost had a peritonitis and my bowels are almost shutdown, and yet I am able to slowly gain weight by eating a lot.

Go to the doctor, and get therapy as soon as possible. Let it all out.

Cheers.

scaredsick
02-09-14, 22:48
Thanks for the reply it's so hard not to think the worst it only adds to the symptoms I feel like crying I can't talk to anyone even my wife as I don't want her to worry

iPodClassic
02-09-14, 22:59
I know. It's hard. It happens with my family. I dno't wanna takl to them about it because they also seem sick tired.

But you can talk to us! I am here to listen/read :)

scaredsick
02-09-14, 23:03
I read your post seems similar to what I'm experiencing...the weight loss thing worries me the most like my body is eating itself I keep looking at my arms and legs and thinking my muscles have wasted away �� not that I had any really to start with I just seem puny

How are you sleeping I've been waking at 6 normally get up at 8 as soon as I wake I'm into worry mode pinching me skin and feeling like I've lost more weight

I have hot flashes too, one morning 2 days ago I woke absolutely boiling but not sweating and so thirsty

iPodClassic
09-09-14, 16:00
Yeah, weight loss is what worries me the most. I eat and eat and seem to be losing weight regardless. And I am certain it's something about my intestines. but there's nothing I can do, and CT scans and all showed no severe damage so it has to be also axiety and depression. I mean, it's strange, but when I thought I had Anaemia, my iron count was low, but when I stopped worrying about it, it came back to normal. So the mind I guess can have a strong effect on the body.

I'm sleeping not so very well, but I don't feel as tired now that I'm taking an aminoacid/vitamin/B12 supplement. I highly recommend those.

How much and what do you eat? Hoy many times a day? I can assure you if you keep thinking about your weight, you won't gain any.

Hot flashes is normal. It's the adrenalin and other chemicals from all the worrying.

My cortisol is really high (stress hormone) and it causes high temp, weight loss and overall look of wasting. You should get it measured.

scaredsick
11-09-14, 18:27
I'm so sick of this at the minute it's almost a month since I've felt right. I woke this morning at 5am with a jolt immediately thinking bad things are gonna happen to me ��

I have stayed off the scales for around a week so far I'm hoing to wait until a month has passed and then see what's changed for 4 weeks.

I've felt like I've had a stomach infection/inflamed intestines. I remember from years ago after I had gastrinentritis I took a canesten oral tablet and that was the thing that finally settled my stomach as felt like bloating after antibiotics. It's been different this time as no antibiotics but I took he same tab 2 days ago and my stomach seems to have settled Ltjpuh still having medium loose bowel movements. Soft/sloppy in the morning but had constipation and small hard stools last night.

Today I felt 'ok' but this afternoon I feel like a have a fever and took some paracetamol which hasn't really helped.

My eating is semi back to normal although I'm not fancying much to eat...

Hate feeling like this I'm just so worried. ������

I mentioned it to my wife she is convinced the jalepenos diet stated me off and got bad ibs. It does run in the family both mum and dad suffer with bad stomach.

Need some reassurance.

Mdeasha
11-09-14, 19:06
I'm having this right now! (Don't worry I'm not pooing while typing this) loose stool, weight loss and my stomach is going MENTAL. It just doesn't shut up. Constantly making noise like a bloody washing machine. I get the loose clothes thing as well. If it's jeans that are loose I would suggest washing them. ( Not that you don't) but jeans loose their elasticity over time. This may be a contributing factor? I know it is for me!
Do make sure you pay more attention to what you eat than your weight. Three well rounded meals etc etc (probably heard that before)
Hope this helps!

scaredsick
11-09-14, 20:13
My nervous indegestion is back tonight, could barely get dinner down just as I thought I was getting better!

Just feels like you know when you scared of something got a knot in your stomach type thing hard to explain!

So tired too after my 5am wake up! Grrrrr

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

Btw the "don't worry I'm not pooing" comment made me chuckle are u having health anxiety issues too or ibs or something?

Mdeasha
11-09-14, 20:51
Yeah major HA bout for me at the mo! Convinced I have lymphoma or a metastatic cancer (all doctors say I'm fine as well as my blood tests and lack of symptoms except a few nodes) but that's another story. Anyway when I get bouts of it my stomach is a majorly affected area. My Dad is the exact same so I get what you mean about running in the family. Also the jolting awake really struck a cord with me, understand it completely. I'm led to believe that this is due to the activation of the fight or flight response just proves the rest is anxiety really!

Carnation
11-09-14, 23:05
OK. First, stop panicking. Have been through a similar situation to you.
Anxiety can make you lose weight and you can lose a couple of pounds in a day!
You need to change your diet. Eat good fatty things; not bad. You need to eat more when your Anxiety is on a high. Try to stay away from coffee, fatty meat, dairy, processed foods and alcohol. Try porridge; (day or night), fish and white meat, bananas, almonds are excellent for gaining weight. Green Tea and Chamomile Tea is good for calming. Chocolate Bars are ok and will make you gain weight. Drink plenty of water; good for cleansing and dehydration. Cake is very good too. Try lots of snacking between meals and then you won't panic so much about finishing your meal. See how you go over the next couple of weeks and in the meantime get checked over by your GP. Ask for medical. This is where they check your blood pressure, listen to your heart, feel your stomach and do a few blood tests for cholesterol and stuff.:)

Mdeasha
11-09-14, 23:23
Cake is very good too.

This sentence makes me happy.

scaredsick
12-09-14, 22:06
I've had some nice homemade cakes tonight! ��

Panic mode has set back in as I feel I've been running a fever the last couple of days, can semi calm it with nurofen just feeling hot and bothered in general....

Obviously a quick google of fever results in a Diagnosis of lymphoma ������

The internet is horrible

iPodClassic
12-09-14, 22:26
That's the odd thing with me. I eat loads (5 meals a day) and still not gain weight (sometimes I even lose it) I have always thought it was malabsorption after the episode of severe inflammation but the thing is, my sodium and pottassium levels are ok, so I don't think my body is NOT absorbing nutrients. But people say it's stress, but I've been stressed before and GAINED weight, not lost it.

scaredsick
12-09-14, 22:41
Dreaming of a life without anxiety issues

UKmamainUS
12-09-14, 22:47
Dreaming of a life without anxiety issues

You and me both.

scaredsick
13-09-14, 06:22
So here I am, just after 6 am. Awake and worried!

How do I get out of this cycle of waking with an impending sense of doom???

Cambrian49
13-09-14, 06:38
I'm awake too worrying there's a clot on my lung after key hole surgery last Friday. I think It feels more like a pulled a muscle under my rib- but obviously I can't think rationally so instead I'll dwell about it. The only way to stop ur cycle of worrying is to go to the doctor. I hate going to the doc because it's a conflict of needing /wanting reassurance but also being petrified that they will tell u something u don't want to hear. Regardless tho doing something positive about ur situation has to be better than what u are going through now so don't torment yourself any longer and make an appointment Monday to talk about ur stomach and also anxiety . All will be well x

Nathan92
13-09-14, 07:08
I read this, I see IBS, I see the same stuff that I had/have.. all it takes is 1 trigger and you set off this horrible cycle. I was 25 stone when my IBS Started now I'm down to 23st 11lb, The reason your losing the weight is the fact your bowel movements are going through you too quick, so your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs so it eats any 'stored up fat'.

Can I ask (are your stools like a yellowy colour, and when you wipe, it's like a clear yellowy stuff on it?

(if it is, then again I really think it's IBS)

my trigger was stress when my nephew was rushed into hospital, and then it calmed down and then I electrocuted myself about 3 weeks later and my head was all over the place... I had/have a stabbing pain, bottom left of my stomach (below the ribs on the left).

if I stress, I go from normal BM's (bowel movements), to loose (not completely water, but more like a aero yoghurt (killed your dream of eating one of those again haha).

Certain things I eat send me into a downward spiral aswell... like if I eat stuff which is red (tomatoes, or red dyed food, my poop will be red, and I'll instantly think, oh crap (excuse the pun) I'm bleeding insides. (Remember, if you have a bleed inside, it will come out black and sticky, and I mean BLACK) - this is an upper gi bleed. you can have lower GI bleeds and it will come out the colour of a west ham strip (the maroon colour).

Then you can have anal fissures / piles... I've nearly rang an ambulance a couple of times, I've wiped and looked (with my BM's being all over the place) and I seen bright red blood, instantly anxiety and fear take over and I think the worst, then realise.. well if the blood is fresh red, (like red when you have a nose bleed or cut your finger) then it can only be an anal fissure / piles (fissure is a little cut inside your bum hole, it will close up normally, piles are normal too, if you wipe too hard / go too often and wipe, you'll make it / them bleed and its the fresh red colour.

As I'm writing this.. I can tell you, the sounds my stomach are making sound like something out of this world... I've never heard sounds like it haha. Doc took stool samples (2 infact) searching for bacteria and inflammation, all came back normal, took bloods came back normal, tested for everything, all back normal. (thats me)

for you, I'd honestly see your GP, explain the situation they have to investigate.

If you live in the UK - go to your local pharmacy and ask for Buscopan - what an amazing medicine this is. it stops your stomach from cramping (causing the pain, and when your stomach cramps too much it causes you to have diarrhoea, it's not too expensive and I even think Asda sell it, but speak to a pharmacist first just for re-assurance that you CAN take it.

I can recommend aswell, you need to chill, I say this and I struggle with it daily, you need to think rationally, think, well if it was serious I'd know about it, try and avoid foods like tomatoes / onions, spicy stuff, eat fiberful food, apples with skin, bananas, prunes (eurgh) google foods which are high in soluble and insoluble fibre. this will help your bowel movements a lot, but try the buscopan too, it can have a constipation effect, which is helpful if you have diarrhoea, if you get too constipated, eat more insoluble fibre. &get to the doctors!

Soluble fibers attract water and form a gel, which slows down digestion. Soluble fiber delays the emptying of your stomach and makes you feel full, which helps control weight. Slower stomach emptying may also affect blood sugar levels and have a beneficial effect on insulin sensitivity, which may help control diabetes. Soluble fibers can also help lower LDL (“bad”) blood cholesterol by interfering with the absorption of dietary cholesterol.

Sources of soluble fiber: oatmeal, oat cereal, lentils, apples, oranges, pears, oat bran, strawberries, nuts, flaxseeds, beans, dried peas, blueberries, psyllium, cucumbers, celery, and carrots.
Insoluble fibers are considered gut-healthy fiber because they have a laxative effect and add bulk to the diet, helping prevent constipation. These fibers do not dissolve in water, so they pass through the gastrointestinal tract relatively intact, and speed up the passage of food and waste through your gut. Insoluble fibers are mainly found in whole grains and vegetables.

Sources of insoluble fiber: whole wheat, whole grains, wheat bran, corn bran, seeds, nuts, barley, couscous, brown rice, bulgur, zucchini, celery, broccoli, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, green beans, dark leafy vegetables, raisins, grapes, fruit, and root vegetable skins.

---------- Post added at 07:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 ----------

Today I felt 'ok' but this afternoon I feel like a have a fever and took some paracetamol which hasn't really helped.

My eating is semi back to normal although I'm not fancying much to eat...

Hate feeling like this I'm just so worried. ������

I mentioned it to my wife she is convinced the jalepenos diet stated me off and got bad ibs. It does run in the family both mum and dad suffer with bad stomach.

Need some reassurance.

I forgot to mention - regarding the fever... again its a vicious cycle. When you get stressed, all of the signals run through 2 places, your stomach and your nerves system - if your stomach is off (like I've said due to the IBS) it sends signals saying, we have to fix this, and when it does that, it sends signals to your hypothalamus (the place that controls your horemones & body temperature) and it raises it because it thinks your anxiety is a viral / bacterial threat) so your temperature shoots up, because its trying to kill any infection, but there isn't any.. and because your anxiety is keeping it active, you'll get hotter and hotter, until you calm down, so keeping up on the paracetamol is a good thing... but you need to calm down. only way to fix this is to fix the constant anxiety.

my way to do it, is to help others. (I've been a member for 48 hours) - 9 posts in.. and I'm like well my anxiety isn't there, because I'm helping people, I'm giving them information that I've learned / taken away from the hospital / doctors about things which I've personally experienced. I feel loads better, so it's all about finding that one thing where you can clear your mind and forget about it whilst realising... you are not dying - and it is I am almost 100% sure IBS. (but still worth having the tests)

scaredsick
15-09-14, 20:19
Hey reading the posts do help so much! In answer to your question about stool colour I would say on wiping that it is definitely yellow/brown (sorry for to much info!). I haven't been needing to go as urgently in the morning for the last couple of days, and when I have been it hasn't been totally diarreah more like semi soft come out easy but not like a good old nicely formed poop like I was doing a month ago!

So this morning was soft, mid afternoon I struggled to squeeze out a couple of rabbit droppings and tonight I went reasonably well after dinner although in all cases it stinks quite a bit ( worse smell this morning ) so I've definitely got a mixture of diarreah/constipation in the same day as yesterday was the same...

I didn't feel like I had a fever at all yesterday but it crept back in this afternoon as I started worrying about my weight again. I'm waiting until 23rd to weigh so I can monitor over a month...

It's my arms and legs that seem scrawny, I mean I don't excercise so wouldnt naturally be muscular and never have been I've just been fuller in the past...

I try to tell myself it's probably because without realising I probably don't consume 2500 calories per day which is what I need to maintain... Wife's on a diet so I eat what she eats etc although it's not dropped off like this before although I had major worries a month ago about sore anus etc...

I'm feeling semi-ok, bit anxious and stressed at work at the moment so feeling a it foggy..

Day off tomorrow with my beautiful wife and daughter so that makes me smile ��

Does this sound like IBS? Bear in mind I have been a spicy food lover for years, this started a month ago after eating the jalepenos daily for a week of so and after a heavy drinking session at a wedding...

Can these symptoms last for a month?

Booze always upsets my bowel after a good session although that normally settles after a few days although this time it's lasted longer...

Ibs does run in the family too, both parents.

How is everyone else doing?

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Oh I managed to sleep past 6am on Sunday morning think I managed until around 8:30am and was slight better this morning although madam shouted for me at 7 I think I could have slept longer!

Does anyone else find that anxiety carries into sleep and wakes you in the night/early morning?

scaredsick
16-09-14, 17:49
I think I spoke too soon woke at 4am this morning then restless couldn't get back to sleep diarreah this morning then a bot more semi soft later lying here on the bed exhausted from lack of sleep stomach feels gassy/painful ��

Nathan92
16-09-14, 19:31
go to asda, and buy some buscopan... take the amount it says to take... 2 10mg tablets 3-4 times a day.... and tell me if they work... they worked a treat for me... what they do is they stop your stomach from spasming.. so instead of your stomach working like this /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ it will work like this /\/\_/\___/\_/\_/\___/\ (which gives major relief!

scaredsick
16-09-14, 20:07
I'll get some tomorrow for sure need to rid myself of this blasted diarreah!

Nathan92
16-09-14, 21:08
it isn't cheap maybe £10 max (think its round about £4-£7 but its amazing, and it can cause constipation (for me it did anyways, because it slows your stomach down) also side effects (don't worry about them, they don't always happen) you get dehydrated.. so drink plenty of fluids... your pee can become dark... your mouth can become dry... you can stop sweating (nothing major) and the worst one I had was increased heart rate... I asked the doctor and he said its a mild side effect... honestly.. tomorrow AM get it and tell me how you are tomorrow pm :) you'll notice the difference within 4-6 hours :) promise.

scaredsick
16-09-14, 21:20
I'm definitely gonna give this a go!

Can I ask do you get feelings of hunger even after eating a meal?

I've just had a reasonably large dinner, followed by explosive diarreah and now feeling bloody starving!

Nathan92
16-09-14, 22:37
the thing is, I'm a ballsy fat lad, I'll eat and eat, even though its coming out the other end, I just avoid my triggers (spicy food, onions :(, peppers etc).. and It's understandable to be starving after a big ish bout of diarrhea, your stomach is trying to equal out, try eating dry toast? or plain boiled rice :)

scaredsick
17-09-14, 13:39
Ok so I've just taken a buscopan, started with one tablet for now so I'll see how i go!

Woke this morning at 5:30am (grrrr) bit of a sweat on and anxiety again!

Felt like a zombie when I got up at 7:30!!!

Reasonably quick semi soft stool to start, followed by diarreah around 30mins later! Then feeling ok throughout the morning just had lunch and feel ok although tired and bit of backache... Here's hoping the tablets settle me down a bit thanks for the tip ��

Nathan92
17-09-14, 19:41
really excited to hear back haha

scaredsick
17-09-14, 20:38
Ok, took a second tablet on my way home from work just had a nice dinner, jacket pot, chicken and garlic bread with some rocket (not sure the garlic bread a good idea but time will tell!)

My stomach isn't noisy like normal at the moment and I haven't had to rush to the toilet yet.... I'm sure I'll need to go before bedtime I just hope it's a normal one not had a good old normal poop for what seems like ages! (3 - 4weeks maybe)

I'll take another tablet before bed anyway so hoping I can sleep better too I've got so much sleep to catch up on!

Btw the tablets were only £3 from asda for a 20 pack I'm sure they are £6ish in tesco as I did notice them before...

Quick question, if this doesn't help the diarreah is there anything else to take alongside is Imodium or something?

Years ago I had lomotil when I had gastroenteitis along with metronidazole and I think lansaprozole too

The lomotil was great for diarreah I think metronidazole wee for the infection/virus what are lansaprozole for? Is it a PPI? Can't remember as was a few years

Oooooooopppp just felt some bubbling down the left side like some gas bumbling through.

Also worth a mention I had some pain lower left side as I went to bed last night is that characteristic of ibs?

Thanks I'll keep you posted! ��

Nathan92
17-09-14, 21:10
Great :)!

for me with my 'ibs' lower left abdomen was my pain. I wouldn't take anything for the diarrhoea.. purely because these tablets can make you constipated too... so like if you take both your just asking for trouble :P.

You mentioned the bubbling.. mine does that daily, some of the sounds my gut has made... sound unearthly....

lansoprazol is for excess acid / heartburn / ulcers in your stomach, my dads on them for the excess acid :) - so thats what they are for.

I'm chuffed these are working.

it might be worth having a sit on the toilet for an hour haha, see if you can push one through so to speak... you'll notice aswell you'll feel like your about to pop, so you'll go to the loo and all that will come out is wind... (this happens... and then if you stay on the loo and keep getting rid of the wind... you'll eventually pop one out).

regarding your hope for a normal poo, it might take a couple of days... and you might have to play around with the dosage (i've got a prescription so I know my dosage, "2 tablets 3-4 times a day as and when needed"

i took them when I had pain and only when I had pain... purely because they make you constipated... so I'd be careful again, but it might take a couple of days for your gut to finally clump together enough stuff to form a proper poo, even if its overnight... ( i noticed that mind, that I was loose and then took those, held it in over night and the next morning was like bliss haha)

:D

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

-

to add, you might notice your poo looks a funny colour too, - normal - as long as its not blood red or pitch black., these tablets can make the stool stay in for longer meaning it should become a nice brown colour, but until your body uses up the excess bile (from your liver) - this is because of the loose stools, you'll have loads of bile left, so they might be green / yellow and slimy but that will pass in a few days :)

scaredsick
17-09-14, 21:44
Thanks for the info and heads up on the poo colour! (So weird talking about stuff like this! Lol)

I'll stick with this and see how I go you have been a great help I'm trying my hardest to relax and think of happy things!

Candy crush (rubbish I know) has been a great help to occupy the mind and I've been running through prison break for a second time (forgot how much I enjoyed it!)

������

Nathan92
17-09-14, 22:22
dude, I swear no lie.. I've watched prison break every single season 5 times over. I love it, my most favourite tv series ever haha!

also yeah, you need to forgot about the anxiety. reason i brought the poop colouring up was for that reason, I'll be fine and then i'll see a red coloured poop, not realising that yesterday I had spag bol, so all the red coloured food is showing... and if I eat nuts, well I can see them too :P so don't worry about bits in your poop :) just chill and watch michael :P

(note about that, I spoke to the guy who designed his tattoo, he owns a shop in california, so i rang him from the UK, and said look I love the tattoo, can I get it from you, he was like yeah dude no problem, i'll send you the 4 parts (torso, back, left and right arm) for $500, £200/£300, i was like dude. yus Please haha,...

now all I need to do is become slim rather than fat :D and i'm sorted :)!:!:!:!

scaredsick
18-09-14, 10:42
Ok so stools still very soft this morning needed to go quite urgently when I woke and then just been again at work I took 1 buscopan this morning will up that to 2 at lunchtime this afternoon to see if it helps!

How many can u take in a day?

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 ----------

Also when I do go to the loo my anus is itchy during wiping is this normal of Ibs?

Thanks!

Nathan92
18-09-14, 12:32
take this dose, 2 tablets 3-4 times a day. so take 2 1st thing, say 7, and then 2 at 2pm and then 2 at 7pm, just try that, if you get bunged up then take 4 tablets a day rather than 6.

(obviously take at your own risk, this is just the dose I was dosed with)

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

and not specifically IBS I don't think, I think its the irritation from the frequent poos' and wipes' try using a moisturizer or a moisturizing wipe to help out :)?

scaredsick
18-09-14, 20:14
Just a quick update!

This afternoon at work I had what can be described as a well formed poop! ������ it was a little on the thin side but well formed non the less! I had 2 busco at 12 and just dropped another 2 at 7...

I've probably just made a mistake though (wicked zinger tower box meal) oops

I'll see how the next couple of days go I think I definately need a prescrip for stomach acid though I'm sure that's what's waking me in the early hours..

Hope ur day is good buddy ��

Nathan92
18-09-14, 20:43
yeah, lanzoprazol is good, but its more for long term antacid use really..

I swear by a medicine called "magnesium trisillicate" you can get it on prescription or you can get it over the counter at most 'decent' pharmacys.

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/care-magnesium-trisilicate-mixture-200ml-349617

take it before meals or after meals OR if you feel heartburn coming on... it tastes like mint when you drink it at first... then the after taste is fish.. I love the stuff, excellent when I've binged on too much pepsi max :P....

so this stuff, if you take a mouth full before bed, you'll be sorted.. but it will make you windy, so sit upright for about 5-10 mins after you've drank it to get rid of all the wind :P, you feel the relief when you burp :P

You'll notice your poos will be thin to start with from my experience anyways... you've literally been squeezing water, so your anus has 'shrunk' you'll pass bigger stools as time goes on.. even if you take a day where you eat really filling stuff like bread / doughy stuff so it bungs you up to a point or loads of fibre.. loads of fibre helps too, stuff like potatoes / turnip / cabbage :)

really happy its helping :D makes me happy inside :P

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

I linked from lloyds pharmacy, thats the cheapest I've seen it mind and its a legitimate pharmacy.. Care+ stuff is normally fairly cheap but my pharmacy charges £3 for the stuff, so I'm getting some from there now.. even if you buy a bottle or two, should last you a month or so ever if your overzealous with doses (i normally am), when you get it from them it will be sealed so you know it hasn't been tampered with (or you can go to your local pharmacy :p)

scaredsick
18-09-14, 20:58
It really is helping so thanks!

My biggest worry now is my weight loss, I've not weighed in for a good week or so I've scared to get on the scales and see a massive loss!

I reckon I dropped a good half a stone without realising as all of a sudden my clothes felt a lot looser, my legs and arms/shoulders are definately slimmer.

Since I monitored it I started at 13 stone 1 on the 23rd august beyond that I kept a note up until the date shown...
23 13.1
24 13.1
25 13.2
26 13.2 3/4
30 13.1 1/2
02 13. 0.5
03 13.0
04 13.0 3/4
07 12.12.5

I'm gonna weigh on the 23rd sept to see the change in a month. It's weird cause at night and stuff I feel really thin and as well in the morning... Over the day I puff up around the middle (water) bit only slightly.

The biggest shock is my clothes as they are loads looser. I seem to be losing inches but I am really worrying about it.

I'm trying to eat good stuff but have ended up having the odd kfc, mcds breakfast on Tuesday (felt bloody awful after that worked it off in the garden) so eating lots of calories not necessarily 'good' calories though.

I feel like if I can put some weight on, not just belly but arms and legs too that I'll feel a lot better....

This may sound stupid as I'm not exactly underweight for my height I'm just underweight for 'me' if that makes sense...

Nathan92
18-09-14, 21:23
Stop panicking!

I'll tell you my weight. April I was 25 stone 5lb, Now I'm 23 stone 9, so in 5 months I've lost say a stone and a half... It's because your body doesn't absorb the food, as it literally goes in one and out the other for some people instantly and for some people an hour or so, which is why you'll notice your poop was yellowy green, because the bile is breaking it down but not having enough time to absorb and turn brown... so the nutrients are lost.. and then any food your 'body had stored' has been used up, because it wasn't getting what it needed from what you had eaten.. so it eats its reserves.

its normal, I went through the whole, "oh shit i'm dying, i must have stomach or bowel cancer, i'm losing loads of weight" but logically thinking (which is hard with health anxiety I can vouch for that myself), logically it all makes sense :), stay off the scales. eat more food, take the buscopan and I bet in a week you'll be like "oh ****, I wish I was as thin as I was last week" haha

scaredsick
18-09-14, 21:32
Haha your probably right everything you have said makes complete and utter sense! It's just getting my head to believe it!

Seriously dude thanks so much for all the advice I'm gonna stick with the busco and I think I'll give that stuff u mentioned a try too for the acid... I've hit some gaviscon which I'll try tonight see if it helps me sleep better.

Couple of episodes of prison break tonight to relax I'm about halfway through series 2 again 😃 must admit it makes me want to get fully tattooed like u said! 😂😂😂

Pitowshik just about to take a leap of faith!

Nathan92
18-09-14, 21:37
Pitowshik Jam, my favourite haha.

and Sir. You are very welcome :), remember to drink plenty of fluids because the busco stops the production of sweat / saliva and a couple other things so your mouth might be dry, Also your pee might seem darker, that can happen with the busco (again the water thing no idea how it works)

I might heed my own advice aswell I'm starting to feel the pain again I just dont like the side effects (the constipation / dry mouth).

let me know how you get on tomorrow I get proper excited haha thinking, oh I wonder how hes done today, abit like a doctor if you ask me :P.

all the best

nath

scaredsick
19-09-14, 10:53
Morning pal how ya doing?

Feeling not too bad today was a bit bunged up this morning which after the last 4 weeks believe me feels great!

Slept ok although woke in the early hours as little one was crying so bit of a broken sleep but hey what's new!

Have been the loo not long after waking and went a bit was semi soft but didn't feel like I fully emptied and had some pain/discomfort on right lower side tool 2 busco and that now gone...

Banana and snacking on pistachios for breakfast but feeling ok ��

Did u give in and take a few tabs?

Are these a long term thing or just until things settle back down?

The gaviscon worked as didn't seem to have acid during the night although I was a bit spaced out every time I woke u know the 'what planet and I on tiredness feeling!'

Nathan92
19-09-14, 13:24
long term thing, get a script from the docs m8 :) will check l8r for an update

scaredsick
19-09-14, 19:34
Hey been feeling semi ok today been spaced out a bit but I am tired from last night and with the muggy wet weather probs just that as a few people said the same at work...

So just hit back and had a reasonable poo.... It felt solid coming out but when I looked down the toilet it was kind of smushy and feathery....certainly harder than has been for a while!

Just took second lot of buscos for today I'll see how I am maybe take some more before bed

Mdeasha
22-09-14, 01:03
I've been giving NMP a break for a while. Trying to focus on getting my life back to normal. Just wanted to check in and see how you were doing! Great news about the improving poo! What's weird is that my poo also improved yesterday!!

scaredsick
22-09-14, 09:51
Hey glad your doing ok!

My poo did improve, had a great almost normal one yesterday morning and had a real good day yesterday.

Weighed in this morning and over the space of a month I weigh within 1 pound of a month ago so that's good although I feel I have lost inches (is that possible!?!)

But.... Poo not so good today very porridgy and stinks but gonna stay positive

I just need to solidify my poop then I'm about there any tips?

Ate really well yesterday had a couple of bacon sandwiches for breakfast, kind of skipped lunch but had a strawberry a and cream cooler from costa (OMG!) and a cake then a full roast chicken dinner. I did have a glass of white wine with dinner which may have upset the apple cart?????

Nathan92
22-09-14, 20:08
Been busy the past few days :P sorry

Alcohol and Busco don't really mix haha but I don't think theres anything against it (you should look it up).

also the greasy bacon sandwich :P MIGHT have done it OR the sauce?

Try eating a fair bit fibre, potato skins, turnip etc, have a look at my earlier posts on paged 1 or 2 I gave a massive list of what foods to eat :) (nuts too, if your eating bread try eating burgen <-- seeded bread, its fiberlicious :P

glad that everythings been getting better, but you have to realise... for a week or two after starting busco your poo's will be all over as your bowel starts to calm down :) hope all is well

cheers

Nathan

Fishmanpa
22-09-14, 20:14
Alcohol and Busco don't really mix haha but I don't think theres anything against it (you should look it up).

It's clearly indicated not to drink while taking it. It's also known that alcohol and anxiety don't mix and it's especially a no no to do so while taking meds.

Positive thoughts

scaredsick
22-09-14, 20:28
Thanks guys!

I must admit my diet is not the best by a long shot I'm gonna make a real effort to eat for fibrous things and try and get this thing to settle...

Feeling a bit headachy tonight and tired I think these early morning wake ups are staring to catch up on me!

Nathan92
23-09-14, 19:57
any updates mate? im pushing my food boundaries again, spice, grease just to find the trigger

scaredsick
23-09-14, 20:44
Hey buddy well my update today is I had a brilliant solid poo! ������

I'm not counting my chickens yet but it was proper normal, not overly smelly, a good size and clean (sorry tmi)!!!

Felt a lot better today for the first time in ages kept up with the busco 2 in the morning, 2 after work and will take 2 before bed...

Been having a lot of acid indegestion and water swilling in mouth but gaviscon seems to help that especially at night...

I've not eaten the best of I'm being honest just normally like a used too...

Appetites good.

Was happy with the stable weight and have to say trousers felt a little more smug today too! ��

Been keeping up with prison break (helicopter episode in Sona) which has been great in taking my mind off worry etc...

Feeling positive and thinking happy thoughts really appreciate all the kind words on here u guys are great ��

I'll keep up with the updates

scaredsick
25-09-14, 07:25
Hey guys hope ur all ok I'm having a bloody nightmare again!

Felt a bit spaced out yesterday and last night I'm having thoughts of skin cancer that has spread to my stomach 😢 I have a mole on my belly that's quite dark.

I'm again worrying about weight loss, woke at 4 am sweating then not really slept since then currently lying on the sofa trying to think rationally.

Surely if I was seriously ill I would feel shit all the time? And not have good days?

So stressed at work as well which I'm sure isn't helping

Someone talk some sense into me!