PDA

View Full Version : Can a broken heart LITERALLY break?

iPodClassic
02-09-14, 22:38
I can't stop thinking about her, and I don't know if she likes me so this being on the edge feeling is killing my heart. I've never been in love since I was 17 and now I feel like I want to cry but I can't (Prozac took away my ability to easily cry) and I just feel, argh, I don't know. I just want to talk to her. She's so cute but my heart is suffering.

How can I feel better? How can I ignore this that I feel? I'm trying with anxiety pill and alcohol but not quite doing it. Makes me think of her even more. :weep:

Can my heart literally start to malfunction if I suffer like this too much? Because I feel like a void feeling in my chest, it feels empty.

Fishmanpa
03-09-14, 12:21
I can't stop thinking about her, and I don't know if she likes me so this being on the edge feeling is killing my heart. I've never been in love since I was 17 and now I feel like I want to cry but I can't (Prozac took away my ability to easily cry) and I just feel, argh, I don't know. I just want to talk to her. She's so cute but my heart is suffering.

How can I feel better? How can I ignore this that I feel? I'm trying with anxiety pill and alcohol but not quite doing it. Makes me think of her even more. :weep:

Can my heart literally start to malfunction if I suffer like this too much? Because I feel like a void feeling in my chest, it feels empty.

I'm sorry you're hurting. I don't know the circumstances of your situation but the "literal" answer to your question is yes a heart can break but not from a proverbial "broken heart". In the emotional sense? sure, we hurt but it can't physical damage your heart. I can tell you that eventually the pain will fade. There is no set time period but it will, and you'll find love again. I can also tell you that while we're quite capable of loving again, each time it's different. You may feel at times you'll never love the same way again and the truth is you won't BUT you'll love in ways you never thought you could before.

What can be damaging is self medication with alcohol, especially mixing alcohol and meds. It's proven that alcohol is detrimental to the anxiety sufferer and will only exasperate your situation, amplifying the negative feelings and making the morning afters even worse.

One way or another seeking help with your situation is in order to help you better deal with your personal situation and your anxiety.

Good luck and positive thoughts

Brunette
03-09-14, 12:39
Why not find out if she likes you?

For all you know you could be getting upset over something when there's no need to.