PDA

View Full Version : help

jen365
02-09-14, 23:53
i suffer health anxiety and for the last hour I've been getting pins and needles in my arm now i think in having a heart attack or stroke i cant cope anymore.

nomorepanic
03-09-14, 00:00
This is from the Symptoms website page on the left <<<<<

Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

jen365
03-09-14, 00:08
Thank you! I feel i am going crazy! Unable to sleep my mind is in overdrive! I hate living like i am at the present.