PDA

View Full Version : 80mg prozac - your experiences?

Janey86
03-09-14, 01:35
Hi everybody,

So I've been struggling with severe depression and anxiety for a while now (and not for the first time, sadly).

My last experience was 2 1/2 years ago and I had to take 60mg before the prozac kicked in, and even then it took a while.

I have now been prescribed 80mg, as of three days ago. I was wondering if anybody on this dosage could offer any advice or experience? When I eventually taper off am I going to go through some extreme side effects? Can I expect increased side effects on such a high dose in forthcoming days?

At the moment I have noticed I'm feeling a bit spaced out, and I seem to forget things really easily (although this could be the depression rather than the medication, I suppose). I'm also struggling with food and have to be 'reminded' to eat, and even then it can be a bit unpleasant. I used to take great pleasure in food but that isn't really the case at the moment.

I feel this is a high dose and I've never been on it before, so I'm hopeful you folks can offer any stories of your experiences or advice?

Thanks all :hugs:

FRANKIEISBACK
13-09-14, 08:10
I am on 80 mg, don't worry in america this dose is widely prescribed........you might want to talk to your doctor about trying a tiny dose of olanzapine which works well for anxiety and will stimulate your appetite