PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

Deb Izz
17-08-04, 12:51
Hi Folks,
I'll start on a positive note first, I've been doing really well, the therapy has done me the world of good and apart from a few very mild panic moments (that I've brought under control myself) I have been panic free for 7 days now, Hurray!!!!!

Now tho I have a dilemma, my period is 11 days late (was 10 days early last month!). We have been trying for a baby for 3 years now (have already suffered one miscarriage), so I may be pregnant but i can't help but think it couldn't have come at the worst moment, I'm not sure I could cope with it at the moment. I'm scared to take a preg test in case I am but then if I'm not I know I will also be upset. My periods have up until recently been fairly regular but I also don't feel pregnant (no overwhelming tiredness, sickness or boob tenderness).
Could this just be a side effect of the panic and anxiety????

Sorry to off load this on to you all but you're the only people who really understand,

Deb x

sal
17-08-04, 13:00
Hi Deb

It could be part of the anixety, if effects our hormones loads, but like you say you have had a good panic free week.

If you were pregnant, i know you feel it couldnt have come at a worse time, but i am sure if you were the excitment you would feel would really give you some thing positive to look forward.

Remember you have wanted this for 3 years now.

The only thing you can really do is have the test, either way you will know and can deal with it then. If you dont you will just make yourself more anxious wondering if you are.

Good luck and let us know how it is going.

Love Sal xxxxx

stimpy
17-08-04, 13:55
I agree with Sal, all that panic and anxiety playes havoc with the old body clock. So that could well explain things a little bit.
Worrying about the taking the test is not helping any, it's a vicious circle.

[Wow!]
:D Panic free for 7 days ! That is wonderful news.

Sal is right, if nothing appears soon the only way to find out is to take the test.
It will tell you one of too things [Yes!] or [No] .

Once you find out the results, then you handle the next worry from there.

I'm sure no matter which way the test comes out everything will work out alright in the end.

Let us know how you get on.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

tara
17-08-04, 14:11
Hi Deb, I can totally understand your suituation, when i'm having a real good day I think, yes, I've love to have another baby it'd be real nice for my son to have a brother or sister, then when i'm having a bad day or moment, I just think that it'd be stupid to bring another child into the world "with a mother like me ". But i'm sure if you were pregnant it would be a positive thing. Only way to be sure is to take a test and out your mind at rest, you'll know for sure then! Take care Tara xx

Deb Izz
17-08-04, 19:55
Thanks guys for your help and kind words.
I know what your saying is true I think I just sometimes need to hear it from someone else. I'll leave it until the weekend and then if nothing will do the test. Will let you know how it goes :D

I've been for my final therapy session today and the counsellor said i'd done really well. Just a bit aprrehensive about the start of term and going back to work. THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS, THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!

Sal - How are you feeling today? Have you booked your pampering sessions yet?

Stimpy - Thank you, can't believe I've lasted 7 days with no panic, here's to the next 7 days lol xxx

Tara - I'm sure you're a wonderful mother and just think of all the fun of trying!!!!!!!

Thanks again guys

Deb x

tara
17-08-04, 22:08
Thanks Deb for your kind words, I've just put my son to bed, I think i'll go up with him now and have a cuddle. You brought a smile to my face, Tara xx

jo-jo
17-08-04, 22:22
Hiya Deb

First of all, congratulations on being panic free for so long - what a great feeling that is :D

Our bodies are indeed strange and when I was at the worst of my panic my periods were very odd, even though I'm on the pill, so I guess your anxiety could well have a part to play in the way your reproductive cycle is behaving!

I guess the only way you'll know is to do that test. The longer you leave it, the more you'll worry. I think it would be best for you to know what you're dealing with here, and if you are pregnant I'm sure that your anxiety will very quickly turn to excitment. They say there's never a perfect time so hey, just accept that if its meant to be, then its meant to be!

Take care, lots of love Jo xxx

nomorepanic
18-08-04, 17:40
Hey Deb

We will all be sitting her now waiting for you do the test and let us know the results lol.

I thought I was pregnant once in the height of my panic years and I was terrified that I would be cos there was no way I wanted a baby.

It was a false alarm but I still feel that I am not ready to have one even now!

Good luck - whichever way it goes

Nicola

seh1980
18-08-04, 17:59
hello there,

Wow - panic free for 7 days!! that's great news!!:D

My periods are a bit random since I've had panic attacks. They are either a few days early or a few days late. But I guess it's different for every one.

I hope you're happy with however it turns out!!

Sarah (seh1980)

Deb Izz
18-08-04, 18:40
Thanks guys,
Will let you know how it goes once i've plucked up the courage lol xxxx

Thank you for all your words of encouragement, I couldn't have done so well without all your help and support.

Big hugs and Kisses to you all. xxx

Deb x