PDA

View Full Version : Back pain when breathing

Rara09
03-09-14, 08:50
A Q that's probably been asked before and have looked through the forums.

3 days ago I got mid/upper back pain which isn't fixed with pain killers. I find when I take a deep breath it hurts my back and chest around the rib area. Really painful but not sore to touch. Also I hyperventilate a lot, have globus and feel my chest is tight and. "Full ".

Really frightened it's something to do with my lungs and frightened to go to gp of what they might say.

Health anxiety been so bad recently - something new every week. Don't know if I can take much more. My body always feels tense and I'm so tuned in I cannot tune out.

Sorry for rambling

Primula
03-09-14, 10:35
Give it a few days, and if no better, see doc. It's probably hA, but as you know we can't diagnose each other. :)

Kitten8935
03-09-14, 10:41
Hi rara

Don't worry and just keep an eye on it for a couple of weeks and if it's no better get yourself to a doctor! I know exactly how you feel I'm so worried about cancer all the time! It really gets me down sometimes, I often suffer bad with anxiety when I don't have much to do e.g when I'm not at Uni. You're not alone and don't worry it's not worth it :)

Rara09
03-09-14, 13:05
Thank you both of you. This round of ha is really getting me down, it's constant and I am sick of it. So frightened it makes my stomach churn and loose patience with my children which makes everything so much worse.

I don't know where to turn anymore; I hate gps and my husband is sick of hearing it.

Think I am going mad; but then at least I won't know what's going on! Lol

I guess I will see how it goes. Thank you muchly

Kitten8935
03-09-14, 13:15
Rara I totally feel the same! I have a spot (normal looking spot) on my breast and a little swollen bump on my arm and I've convinced myself I have some fomr of cancer! Not only that but my mum and dad have gone on holiday today who I live with and also my boyfriend went this morning so I am on my own for 4 nights feeling really lonely! I hate the way I am and just wish I could be different :( x

Rara09
03-09-14, 14:28
Kitten- thanks for being so understanding. I am sorry you feel so bad. My husband works away during the week and you would have thought that knocking nearly 40 years I would have more sense.

I am sure the spot is just a spot; and the lump is perhaps where you have knocked it but didn't realise or maybe a little non dangerous cyst type thing.

I know we are all good at seeing things from the outside when it's not us- but rest assured you sound much younger than me so I am sure there is nothing bad going to happen.

Take good care xx

Cags48
03-09-14, 14:30
It could be pleurisy

Nullus
03-09-14, 21:38
I did one of those foam roller things to Crack my back. And all day yesterday I had this same exact feeling. It has since gone away and I feel much better today.

Have you done anything recently that could have been labor intensive or anything like a massgae? Slept wrong? Stiff back?