PDA

View Full Version : I'm 26 and no period in 3 years

KittyMeow
04-09-14, 00:36
I have not had a period in 3 years. I had standard blood tests that check everything twice, my doc said my hormones were normal. I didn't think that was possible with absent periods. I am overweight so I thought that was possible though I have lost weight before and they have not come back.

I have been referred to a gynaecologist a few months ago. Still waiting for an appointment.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Help would be appreciated!

KittyMeow
14-09-14, 22:34
I would be grateful if anybody could reply, if they have had the same experience and so on. :)

swgrl09
14-09-14, 23:36
Sorry, I don't really have experience with this. Are you on the pill or anything>

HalfJack
14-09-14, 23:47
sorry to see you've not had more advice with this. Keep us updated on how you do x

lalouba
28-09-14, 10:27
I can't say I've experienced this myself, but I do have a friend who went through this for a year. It turned out to be down to stress, so maybe your anxiety is having an effect on your cycle :) hope you get some answers soon, poppet. x

KittyMeow
14-11-14, 18:44
Thank you all for replying. I'm not on the pill or anything. Still no period. Still waiting on an appointment with a gynaecologist. I'm worried because I read some not very nice things about online, silly I know. I have never had a smear test or anything so thinking of asking my doc about it. Sick of waiting around... anyhoo thanks for your responses. :)

Beckie4567
25-05-15, 13:07
How did u get on kitty x

KittyMeow
27-03-16, 02:35
I just recently was diagnosed with small prolactinoma on my pituitary gland. That's what was stopping my periods. It took a long time but finally I know what the problem is and I take medication that has brought back my period. Finally! Took so long to see a gynecologist and then was referred to an endocrinologist.

If you are missing periods like I did maybe ask your doctor about getting your prolactin levels and some other hormones of your blood tested.