PDA

View Full Version : Aaargh - help me feel better about lymphoma/odd pains please!

seeker
05-09-14, 01:16
Hello everyone
I've done really well with my health anxiety and haven't needed to post on here for ages. However, I have been quite stressed lately and think this has brought my HA bubbling back up. Anyway, I have been feeling under the weather for a while with a feeling of 'congestion' in particular spots around my body - my neck, my groin and my abdomen in particular. I could never feel any raised glands or lumps, they just didn't feel quite right. I also have really odd sore 'spots' in my muscles - the same spot each time, on my thighs and arms. We had lots of friends round at the weekend and we all jumped in a hot tub together (nothing dodgy, I promise!) and the water was a bit grim the next day. Since then, I have got four glands sore and pea sized under my right arm. I have a weird severe pain (that I only feel when I lean on something or twist a certain way - it's definitely not muscular) in my upper left quadrant that I am convinced is either my pancreas or lymph glands there, and I also have a slight breathlessness that I am now convinced is caused by some large lymph glands pressing on my lungs. I really want my GP to refer me for an MRI - I am prepared to pay privately, but they keep putting me off. I went to them recently about an odd lump on my leg that turned out to be a slight hardening of soft tissue, for no apparent reason.

Can you all come and reassure me and give me more realistic explanations!? I did go to the GP today, but had to see the advanced nurse practitioner who suggested a burst ovarian cyst, but then ruined my confidence in her by telling me my pancreas was on the opposite side to the one it actually is on...

RoseEve
05-09-14, 02:32
When I'm about to get my period I get swollen glands under my arms too.

seeker
05-09-14, 02:35
Do you really? How odd! I wondered if there was some hormonal influence on some of the pains, but never noticed an effect on my glands.

RoseEve
05-09-14, 03:13
I get it every single time. It didn't start happening until I was in my late 20s