PDA

View Full Version : Heaviness please help!

laurenn
05-09-14, 11:10
My lungs and chest feel heavy and I'm short of breath:( I feel like I'm gonna die!! I cant calm down, its been like this since I woke up and I feel like this constantly. I've been to the doctors the other day and everything was okay. But I feel it to be so hard breathing because it feels hard and heavy. Its getting worse and worse everyday! I went to the hospital once and she said everything was okay too! My breathing is shaky and so is my body. Breathing techniques, DO NOT work on me as they make me panic more. I can feel a strange tension at the bottom of my rib cage too. Will I die:(???????????? HELP

Zodiac
05-09-14, 11:34
Laurenn, I really don't think you're going to die, even though I know you are feeling full of fear and convincing yourself you are. You are not. Now breathe really slowly and deeply, in through the nose and out through the mouth. Sometimes we are feeling tense and and anxious we are unaware that we tense up our body. So this heavy feeling is very likely your chest muscles just being overused from you worrying about things. I was unaware that when I am tense I stick my tongue up behind my teeth, that I tense my chest, even my hands. We have to learn to relax our bodies as well as our minds. What about a warm bath or shower? Will that help?

I know it's very scary and feels very real, but it is more than likely the physical manifestations of worrying. When I get like this I lie down and tense and untense my body. I picture my body relaxing and focus on it feeling lighter than air. You will be okay x