PDA

View Full Version : Constant lightheadedness anyone else? :(

Chlobo
05-09-14, 13:41
I have been constantly lightheaded for the past 2 (ish) weeks. I've had a very stressful two months and it came on after that. I'm constantly tired and my neck hurts. I sometimes get the odd headache. Also I experience tingling in my left hand mainly and my feet. I'm a 24 yr old female and I can't live like this anymore. All I can think of is brain tumours right now :(

Megs0203
05-09-14, 14:17
Know how you feel! I too have the lightheaded , constant tiredness and aching neck! Very uncomfortable. :(

Have you been to your gp about this?

Chlobo
05-09-14, 14:50
Hey yeah I have she says anxiety. It's frightening me though ;(

Avasmummy_x
05-09-14, 17:15
Hun this has been me for the past 7weeks!!! I'm now having bad headaches with it and tingling and weakness like you've said. I'm also petrified of a bt.

Serenity1990
05-09-14, 17:20
This doesn't sound anything like a brain tumour!

Tension in the neck or jaw can cause this, as can not getting enough exersize. Anxiety can also cause this, either as an adrenal response, hyperventilation or plain old somatoform.

:)

Chlobo
05-09-14, 18:21
I do have a lot of tension in my neck. I just feel so rough :(

Serenity1990
05-09-14, 18:44
Have you seen a physio or osteopath for it?

Chlobo
05-09-14, 18:49
No I haven't I've tried an excersize tonight which helps neck tension but it made no difference. I feel like going to ane and asking for a head scam :weep:

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Ava's mummy how are you coping?

Avasmummy_x
05-09-14, 19:28
I'm not coping if I'm honest. Most days I have to just lay on the sofa. I have an indescribable headache in the back of my head with nausea along with the lightheadedness and often get ringing in my ears with it along with muscle pains and a great deal of anxiety. I'm seeing a neurologist next week as my doctors wants me to have a scan to rule out anything nasty which worrys me more :(

wnsos
05-09-14, 21:38
I feel you on the neck thing, it's really driving me crazy. According to about 4 doctors I've seen, all of these things can be down to anxiety and it's the vicious cycle that anxiety creates the aches from tension and we get more anxious because of the aches and not knowing what they are. :weep: Such an awful demon of a thing. (There's a reason I think most exorcisms happened to normal people that were stricken by mental illness. Talk about the biggest demon of all!)

I know the pain and the worry far too well. But you'll beat this. We all will. The ringing in your ears could be tinnitus which can come form TMJ which you can get from tensing your jaw and grinding your teeth and I'm definitely not a medical professional but both are manageable. The doctors are probably arranging a scan for your own peace of mind too. Much love to both of you.

Source: I'm a teeth grinder :(