PDA

View Full Version : Scared so much right now.. ovarian cancer

Lynion32
06-09-14, 00:53
Im frightened about ovarian cancer. im 41, I have been having irregular bleeding for quite some time, over a year anyways and then lately its become more frequent periods, heavier bleeding, clots, bloating and gas, breast tenderness, mood swings and feeling like I have to pee a lot.

I had chalked most of these symptoms up to perimenopause cause well I just made that assumption. I went in for a pap test today and she said that everything she could see looked healthy and fine, I had clots, when she did the ovary exam there was some slight discomfort on the left side none on the right. I have to book a transvaginal ultrasound and some blood work to follow up. She said she wasn't worried but she was an rpn not a dr, im worried.

I came on here because I wanted to relieve some fears and see that it was just me and HA but then after reading a lot of other peoples oc fears I saw how many of the symptoms I had and now im even more terrified.

In tears, im scared and have to sit with this all weekend now.

.Poppy.
06-09-14, 01:57
You read threads of other people on here who had similar symptoms and also feared they had cancer?

I'd be willing to bet they didn't/don't have ovarian cancer, either.

There are a lot of things that can cause clots or irregular bleeding. Unfortunately, you're going to have to sit tight and just see what the doctor says. But you CAN comfort yourself with the fact that it could just as easily be something totally simple.

When is your appointment? Hopefully for your peace of mind you were able to get one soon.

I'm sending you positive thoughts. Try to keep your mind off of it. If you feel like you are panicking, go on a walk or call up a friend.

Hugs.

Kimberly91
06-09-14, 11:33
My mum had the exact same as what you are experiencing, she's 46. It turned out to be a prolapsed womb! Sounds scary but it's nothing serious, a simple procedure fixed it and she was out of hospital that same day, now she's back to normal again.
Hope you feel better soon!

Cags48
06-09-14, 15:06
Every symptom you have I have the same plus a few more I'm going the drs Monday I'm also worried :weep:

Lynion32
06-09-14, 17:44
Thanks all, I have to call Monday morning and book my ultrasound and get my bloodwork done, could be a few weeks before I see any results :( Cags please let me know what they say, so stressed not making for a very good weekend :(

nomorepanic
06-09-14, 20:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Lynion32
07-09-14, 00:55
Still so anxious, hate feeling like this..so frightened, my mom has passed on and I have no one to talk to about these things. :(

Beckie4567
08-09-14, 21:25
Hope your ok I'm sure you'll be fine u can always talk here if u feel alone best of luck let us no how I get on

Fj2014
08-09-14, 21:52
Good luck!!
I've had a few scans and lots of blood work which has all come back within 5 days and with scans they usually tell give you some idea if there's a problem on the day!
Once you get your appointments it won't be long until your results :)

Molochop
25-09-14, 13:20
Sorry to post in an inactive thread. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum passing away. I've been really scared too about ovarian cancer. Going to phone my doctor up for more tests because lately I've been getting watery discharge which doesn't smell foul , but it still has a strong smell. Hard to describe the smell, probably smells like seawater or something along the lines of that and it's been leaking into my underwear. It's a big better than it was though. It has the same consistency as urine , like water coming out and I notice little white bits in it on my fingers(sorry tmi) I'm currently about 10 days away from my period (which sometimes starts on the same day of the month for 3 times and then moves to a different day of the month ranging from the beginning to the middle to the end) and the discharge always gets much worse before and better after my period. Lately been noticing stretchy type pain on my lower right side and right side of my pubic bone and around my back in the same place. I have noticed rumbling there as well for like a week (doctor ruled out uti and culture test was negative) I live alone so it's been really hard to control my stress. I haven't eaten for a few days worrying about it and my face is all flushed. If I can't get a scan ill try privately to get this pain sorted. Feeling frustrated and scared.