PDA

View Full Version : blood cancer new treatment

paul78
06-09-14, 06:52
This is gk thread. Today i wached at tv that there is new tharapy for lymphoma and lukemaea type blood cancers called stem cell tharapy. I did not saw the whole programe it was the end of that . So i want to ask here is anybody know about it. I donot have this type cancer but i trying to collect gk about cancer and their treatments.they called its a new and undertrail treatment but with good results. They trying it to treat for many other diseses and other type cancer.

swanick15
06-09-14, 15:02
They take stem cells from the patient's own bone marrow where the cancerous cells are produced and grow them in a lab. The rest is basically a bone marrow transplant, they remove the cancerous bone marrow whic is producing the cancer cells and the marrow with the stem cells grown in the lab. Stem cells are cells that have been given a function or role yet so they will become marrow cells and hopefully no more cancer cells should be made. So it's basically a bone marrow transplant like they do now, difference is its easier because there is no chance of rejection because it doesn't come from someone else and for some races it's very difficult to find a match for a normal transplant, so it's also eliminates that; down side I though NICE will probably want more data before allowing its use as a standard treatment in the UK.