PDA

View Full Version : Curious about colds?

wnsos
06-09-14, 11:16
At around the same time as I started majorly worrying about my body to the amount I now do, I seemingly came down with a cold that I've had for a week now. It disrupts the breathing patterns by giving me a stuffed nose. I'm 99% sure I caught it because I've worried myself so much that my immune system just sort of decided to let me get it. (Family members have caught the sniffles from me but nothing as intense as I have.) Was just curious to know if major stress and anxiety has left anybody else more susceptible to colds that last longer?

Sorry about the question but I'm trying to avoid too much googling (Slipped just this morning by looking at strokes, thanks brain but no thanks.) and knowing me I'd google it and end up self diagnosing my cold with something terminal. :doh:

Thanks in advance.

Rennie1989
06-09-14, 11:34
Prolonged anxiety can suppress your immune system so you're more susceptible to infections and they can last longer.

wnsos
06-09-14, 11:41
Thanks so much for the reply. That was definitely my thoughts on it and I didn't want to freak myself out by doing too much reading. :hugs:

Rennie1989
06-09-14, 12:03
It's just worth baring in mind that, despite what Google says, millions of people have colds every year and are FINE.

wnsos
06-09-14, 12:20
Yeah absolutely. I've had two colds this year and the first I thought nothing of it. Second I was convinced it was due to mold and this was only about three weeks before the rest of these things started so I think I was well on the way here then but didn't realise. Google is so bad for that. I'm waiting it out then will see my dr if it's not gone at the end of next week.