PDA

View Full Version : Help - I can't eat with anxiety

LJL
06-09-14, 13:52
It's been about a week now since I sat and eat a whole meal. I'm having a blip with my anxiety and don't want to eat and have trouble keeping any- thing down. I haven't weighed myself but I think I would have lost half a stone.

I know I will get over this as I have always done in the past and usually start eating in a week or so but it does worry me. I'm having Banana's and shakes. The main worry is that I am off to Egypt on Tuesday and going all inclusive, (don't think I'm going to get my moneys worth)! However I am hoping that the sun and relaxation will sort me out. :)

Does anyone else just stop eating?

venusbluejeans
06-09-14, 14:02
When I was really anxious one of my downfalls that I was just not eating anything and had very little appetite..... apparently with anxiety you normally go one of two ways... over eating or undereating.

It was my friends on here that really made me realise that you have to make yourself eat, even if it is little and often. you do feel a lot better when your body is nourished

nursegreenwhippet
06-09-14, 15:03
Hi I never eat with anxiety, I get a dry mouth and have no appetite. My doctor is never concerned about this aspect of it when I mention it and always says don't worry it will come back - and it always does.
I try and eat little and often, you can try metatone tonic from the chemist this is an appetite stimulant and 'pick me up'. Fish fingers are helpful if you fry them and cut them up small with mash potato, this is my anxiety food
Hope that helps x

BikerMatt
06-09-14, 15:48
I also never eat when I'm going through a high anxiety blip.

LJL
06-09-14, 16:11
Thanks guys,

I'm so worried about going to Egypt "what if I collapse if I can't eat anything"? But I suppose as long as I'm having fluids all should be fine? I don't understand how people can eat more when they're having a blip, I feel so, so sick!!

Ruby13
06-09-14, 16:24
I am also off my food with anxiety, but start the day with cereal, banana and honey. If you keep your fluid intake up then that is good. Little and often is the way. Carry I eating your bananas in Egypt, but the rest and relaxation will certainly help too.

maggiemay1
06-09-14, 22:34
take supplements to xxxx