PDA

View Full Version : sleep HELP ME!!!

KOKO23CAT
25-12-06, 21:51
Hi guys

does anyone have any tips on how to sleep when suffering with anxiety? i'm not in full panic mode but i am having palpitations and negative thought patterns and i did not sleep well at all last night. i woke every hour with a pounding heart and a sweat on. not looking forward to tonight or tomorrow morning.

HELP ME GUYS!

jodie
25-12-06, 22:08
hi

i had a bad night last night to i was getting all that you had it was not nice at all .
i put tv on light off opend window a little and tryed to sleep i was just thinking what i was going to do in the new year and befor i knew it i was asleep and in the morning if i am panicy i get a cp of tea then go for a walk if i am panicy it helps lots some fresh air .
hope this helps !
jodiex

KOKO23CAT
25-12-06, 22:12
thanks jodie

i'm a bit stuck for going for a walk as i have kids but i did go out for a long drive earlier and that seemed to help me wind down. just worried about lying there worrying!

domino
25-12-06, 22:14
Do,nt know about going for a walkin the middle of the night, i find a hot mug of milk helps nothing in it just milk ,give it a try. also a nice bath with some relaxing oils in it. hope this helps.

yorkylover
26-12-06, 01:24
Hi there,try having a milky drink,like horlicks.a warm bath with oils like rickards suggested.Also I find reading helps distract from negative thoughts,and relaxes you.where I find watching tv in bed doesnt relax me.Also camomile tea helps.;)

Ellen XX

fazzy01
26-12-06, 01:34
I know how it feels and i had it for a very long time, until i was pointed in the direction of lavender and deep breathing exercise. Sends me to sleep most of the time, and it helps you to relax.

heres how you do it:

1) Buy pure lavender in a bottle, dont get the commercial stuff. Try and get pure lavender in a bottle from the actual growers/manufacturers.
2) If your desperate then get the commercial stuff for now
3) Put 1 or 2 drops at both sides of your pillow
4) smell will be strong but its ok it will help trust me
5) Sit (in a cross legged yoga fashion) on the pillow you have put lavender drops on and try a simple relaxation technique where you do a breathing excercise. Just concentrate on each breath and dont think about anything else. Try and count your breaths and that will cause a distraction.
6) After 5 or 10 mins of that lay down in your bed on your back. Spread you arms and your legs, and try and relax every muscle in your body. Try and have that feeling where your sinking into your bed floating. Do your breathing excercise at the same time and you will start to inhale the lavender, and it will start relaxing you. Soon you will be knocked and falling asleep.

It does work but it takes practice.