PDA

View Full Version : Feeling the fear and doing it anyway!!

Emma_student
06-09-14, 21:33
Hi all,

Just want to say a massive thankyou and to show how much I appreciate having a space like this. To all who have and are helping me by posting and letting me express my fears, a massive THANKS to you.

I'm not completely ok but compared to where I was in October last year, I'm so much better. Recovery, like life is a marathon not a sprint and I am still running but am almost at the finish line :)

I've had a few successes recently with my panic, anxiety and a bit of depression. I was on the tube going from one end of the line to the other. Now, I'm not afraid of being on the train or anything but for some reason, my body decides it's going to pump a load of adrenaline around my body and imagine the worst situation that could happen I.e a train crash etc (The same thing happens when I'm in a high building) usually after tah panic dies down, I feel depressed, scared and exhausted afterwards. But today, I'd had enough. I said F**k you anxiety!! I'm staying on this train, you do what you want. I take a sewing kit with me everywhere because I'm very into cross stitch, so I took out my sewing and got on with it. I was sweating like a pig at a BBQ and had pins and needles everywhere. But I kept sewing. Until finally, as I got off the train and felt the breeze that you can only experience after being on the Underground in London during rush hour, I realised, is done it! I'm alive and it feels good.

Now I've just moved into my new pad in Geneva to start my study abroad course. I'm on top and I'm not letting anxiety or depression get the better of me. If I can do it, then YOU certainly can. I'd say there are 4 main ingredients to beating this: faith, a good plan for your recovery, a strong support system and something to occupy your time such as a new hobby.

So I just want to send my love out I every single one of you suffering or recovered. Let's keep building this network and helping each other because it can be done!!

flossie
06-09-14, 21:43
Wow! What an inspiration you are. Well done, all the hard work you have put in is now paying off and allowing you to follow your dreams. Keep up the good work and good luck with your course. I wish you lots and lots of happiness.

Oosh
06-09-14, 21:44
Fantastic positive post. Well done :)

susan64
06-09-14, 22:08
What a brave girl you are! Well done on what you've achieved, you should be very proud of yourself. The very best of luck to you x

swgrl09
07-09-14, 19:18
Great work, congratulations!

caroline-j
07-09-14, 22:18
Well done Emma. x

Moley
10-09-14, 17:23
Welldone keep it going

Tessar
21-09-14, 14:09
Good luck Emma & congratulations on making tat journey.
I particularly liked the bit "I said F**k you anxiety" too damned right!!

Magic
21-09-14, 14:39
That is tremendous Emma. Well done and all the best to you xx