PDA

View Full Version : Excessive swetting

Ollie28
06-09-14, 22:54
Just wondering does anyone suffer with excessive swetting since having anxiety?

With me feeling completely detached from myself and my normal feelings of bodily awareness I find I have begin to swett so muc more. I think it's one of them now - as soon as I step in to a social situation I think to myself I hope u don't start swetting then boom I start swetting! Then the more I try not take notice the more I swett! Arrrr!!

I had my hair cut today and was swetting like mad,

I's this normal for anxiety?

Il be 6st by then end of the month!!!
8-)

MyNameIsTerry
07-09-14, 03:14
Yes, it is very common with anxiety.

Anxiety means you start to lose fluids more as your body is working harder. You may feel warmer a lot more and that will lead to more fluid loss through the pores.

Just keep well hydrated and I think for anxiety disorders, we need more than those without due to the extra workload on our systems.

VictoryIsForever
07-09-14, 10:26
Yes! At first I was cowered in sweet in social situations (especially mine face ) and i used to carry tissues with me :)
After 10 months of exposure therapy its reduced, like every other anxiety symptom. But its still there, its just that i don't care anymore.

Ollie28
07-09-14, 18:31
Thanks, it's embarrassing - I've always had a little anxiousness all my life whe in social situations like eating out or social events always had the idea someone was looking at me and the more I tried not to the more it did,

Now because if the disconnection I feel from my surroundings it's really bad, only because I tell myself "don't swet!" And I go and swet!