PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes? Low blood sugar?

scorpionwhispers
06-09-14, 23:37
Since I was very young I have had episodes of low blood sugar where I start sweating, shaking, feel very tired and need to eat something. However whenever I have had a fasting blood test there has been no problem, even when pregnant I had no problems.

I had an episode today after a long walk where I suddenly felt weak, tired, shaky and my legs were very wobbly, I became irritable and barely managed to get to a cafe to get something to eat. I could barely eat because I was shaking so much, it really worried me! I was sweating which was embarrassing enough.

My question is does this sound like low blood sugar as this is what I have always understood it to be and responded accordingly. The other thing is more recently when I wake up at night I have been sweaty (although I know it has been hot recently). My vision more recently has been blurred and my eyes seem dry.

Not sure what to do?

Amym90
07-09-14, 00:02
Have you had a blood test at the doctors? I've been type1 diabetic for nearly four years and I used to have those episodes and didn't know at the time but they were hypos, I also lost a lot of weight rapidly and drank gallons and went to the toilet all the time, my eyes were also blurry! I'd go and have a blood test done just incase

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Duh I've just realised you've had a blood test lol

scorpionwhispers
07-09-14, 02:51
I can't remember when but I had a test in the last year or so.

I wake up 2/3 times a night to go to the toilet. The tiredness is almost the worst thing

Capriel
07-09-14, 05:15
I have those same symptoms and I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia. It mostly started after the bank birth of my son 7 years ago. I sometimes have different symptoms. It may start with increased sweating, weakness, shakiness, nausea, confusion. Mine has been very troublesome making it difficult to carry on normal activities. I have to carry a blood glucose monitor, glucose tablets and pb crackers with me. Make sure you eat every 2 to 3 hours. I don't know what is causing you to experience this but I thought this might help.I will be praying for you.