PDA

View Full Version : Bad hangovers

Insomn1ac
07-09-14, 00:46
ever since I got Anxiety and started taking zoloft, I noticed that even minimal amounts of alcohol or smoking weed (have a recommendation from the doctor) gives me bad hangovers the next day or two.

The night I consume alcohol or cannabis, I get very tired very quickly to the point I just go bed very early even though I may not be able to sleep right away due to palpitations, feeling cold/hot, difficulty breathing, etc.

It may take more than 24 hours before I feel better again, but until than I may experience nausia, vomiting, headache, eye pain, sleepiness, tiredness, etc.

I am not sure if my symptoms are common or it's only me who are experiencing them.

If you ever felt this way or if you know why I am feeling this, please tell me.

nomorepanic
07-09-14, 00:54
Are you saying that the doctor recommends you smoke Weed?

Insomn1ac
07-09-14, 02:19
Are you saying that the doctor recommends you smoke Weed?

well I am in California where consuming cannabis for medical uses is legal. I don't do it often though (almost never) because I don't like to be high.

---------- Post added at 01:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

I used weed example to illustrate that both alcohol and cannabis make me feel pretty bad even though it has wasn't the case before I my anxiety symptoms first showed a few months ago.

Catherine S
07-09-14, 02:44
Sorry but this is way beyond our advice from the UK where cannabis is still illegal, so...maybe only the American members can advise you about this. However, illegal or not, I know alot of UK members also use it, but in combination with alcohol? Alot of us would still recomend you don't mix the two, and I sometimes despair when I read these posts to be honest. Because really...why would you?

ISB

MyNameIsTerry
07-09-14, 03:48
Could it be that there is an interaction going on here? Some medications can be influenced by even herbal remedies and there are non antidepressant medications that can be influenced by alcohol or inhibited by it.

It could also be because of the anxiety itself though because we notice symptoms now as bad things when many of them we would have experienced before without reading into them.

Insomn1ac
07-09-14, 06:57
thanks for your advises. just to clarify, I don't mix weed and alcohol. In fact, I had weed only once, but it made me feel the way I feel after I drink alcohol these days. That's why I shared this information with you.

I used to be able to have almost as much alcohol as I wanted even though I never drank a lot, but after my problems with anxiety began I stopped drinking almost completely because it does make me very very tired and sick for 24+ hours.

So, I was wondering if this a common side effect from zoloft or condition observed in anxiety patients...

MyNameIsTerry
07-09-14, 07:08
It's a possibility.

Drugs.com http://www.drugs.com/zoloft.html states "Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Zoloft."

Interestingly, liquid Zoloft may contain alcohol, didn't know that, I guess its with it being in liquid form perhaps for a base or an antibacterial agent maybe?

I found with anxiety that it affects my sleep quality and I feel rough in the mornings unlike prior to it, so maybe it is the anxiety causing some of that but alcohol can be a factor. With alcohol, if you read around about using it whilst on antidepressants you get a mixture of people who say it has no noticeable effect, some say they have to drink more for the same effect, some say they have to drink far less for the same effect, some say they act out of their normal character than when they drank before, others say they have terrible hangovers lasting up to days. It seems to affect us all differently but maybe you can work it out?