PDA

View Full Version : So panicked! Advice please?

Izzytheanxietyqueen
07-09-14, 21:06
So I have been wearing loom band bracelet all day today with a little charm on it, I went to my friends about half an hour ago and she told me to take it off because apparently there's been a big story about something toxic in the bands that is killing people or giving them cancer?! I had no idea I hadn't heard anything about this so I took it off and threw it in the bin but now I'm so so worried about this I have no idea what might happen to me because I have been wearing the band? I bit the charm once too because I was making it and put the charm in my mouth while I made the rest of the band, this is why I'm even more worried I now I have a strange taste in my mouth and my arm where the band was aches which I'm sure is just anxiety because of me thinking about this too much but someone please reassure me I know this is a silly thing to worry about but i don't want to be ill or die because of a band! Reassurance would be appreciated very much!

wnsos
07-09-14, 21:22
Hiya there, I definitely think this is anxiety. I'm no medical professional but I did have a moment when I was a teenager when an asteroid was allegedly going to crash into the world and eradicate us all. I was with a friend and she told me on the Sunday evening and I was absolutely convinced of it to the point of making myself sick. It's funny too cos I forgot about it until I started suffering HA recently and realised the amount of worry I have now is the same sort of worry I had then. The brain is really powerful and we can convince ourselves of a lot of things. Hope this helps in someone way xx take care of yourself.

Izzytheanxietyqueen
07-09-14, 21:23
Anyone?xxx

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

Thanks so much yes I think it is my brain but I'm just concerned about this big story about loom bands giving cancer and people dying and I have been wearing them! I don't know that just scares me a lot! Xx

wnsos
07-09-14, 21:28
I definitely understand! I'm so old I'm not even sure what they are :hugs: Should be okay though. I swallowed the inside of a glow stick once by accident and didn't think twice.

Izzytheanxietyqueen
07-09-14, 21:32
Well that definitely makes me feel a little better thank you for your reassurance xxxx

RaverNeko
07-09-14, 22:04
I'm sure you're fine. Think about it: if something as simple as a bracelet like that can cause cancer, don't you think they'd be immediately pulled from the shelves if it actually happened?