PDA

View Full Version : Black flashes in eye

puzzledlass
08-09-14, 01:40
Anyone else experienced this? It's like your vision will go back very briefly and then is back to normal.

RaverNeko
08-09-14, 03:19
I do get eye flashes that can vary in color. How big are they for you?

puzzledlass
08-09-14, 03:28
It happened last night. It was like everything went black very briefly. Kinda like someone taking a photo with flash on right in your face.

RaverNeko
08-09-14, 03:40
Hmm... To be honest I've never experienced anything like that. I'm sure other users will eventually chime in considering the thread is starting to grow. I've heard of people dealing with stuff like this though, although I haven't looked into it any further. I wish I could give more helpful advice!

RoseEve
08-09-14, 03:56
Is it your whole vision? How long does it last? I've had black spots that would take over my whole field of vision when I used to have bad IBS attacks.

puzzledlass
08-09-14, 04:36
It lasted like a split second and then was gone!

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

It's a bit of a concern to be honest, as my left eye sometimes feels sore too (that could be sinuses I'm not sure)

I have the floaters as well, but I have always had those.

puzzledlass
08-09-14, 22:23
No one? :|

RoseEve
09-09-14, 00:43
If you are concerned I would say go to the eye doctor. But I think you could be over thinking it.

WorriedTeen221
09-09-14, 01:08
Does your whole vision black out? or just little spots?

puzzledlass
09-09-14, 02:03
It was my whole vision. I went to optometrist and got an eye test where they checked overall health as well and that was ok

Fishmanpa
09-09-14, 02:20
It was my whole vision. I went to optometrist and got an eye test where they checked overall health as well and that was ok

When a medical professional cannot find a physical reason for a symptom, it leaves a psychological reason. Hope you find a way to work at that aspect.

Positive thoughts

hanshan
09-09-14, 03:31
Optical disturbances such as flashes and floaters are common. In most cases they are harmless, and there is no treatment available. Sometimes they can be a sign of something more serious, such as retinal detachment, but a normal eye examination will detect this.

puzzledlass
17-09-14, 06:15
Still so afraid. It's happened twice now.

puzzledlass
17-09-14, 23:22
I've heard lots about flashes of light but not flashes of dark. Scared

trish1955
18-09-14, 02:22
I lost my vision before only strange thing was mine was all white not black I have the awful feeling Like my eyes are going to just going to go like you no wen you get up fast from sitting and yr eye site goes fr a minute as it feel like your eye site shutting down if I get really anxiouse and panicky that can happen to me as well I to ave eye test even been to eye speialist at hospital and he said they was OK xxx.

puzzledlass
18-09-14, 04:48
I've heard a lot about flashes of light and that doesn't worry me... What worries me is it's black and I can not see anything about this to make me feel better. No one else seems to have experienced it

Mdeasha
18-09-14, 09:56
Do you get this when you stand up suddenly? That's when I get this. Apparently it's due to fluctuations in blood pressure, which is caused by anxiety! I think it's called orthostatic hypertension and postural hypertension. Btw I can relate exactly to it being like a camera flash has gone off for maybe 3 or 4 seconds. Hope this helps!

Serenity1990
18-09-14, 10:32
Are you sure you didn't blink?