PDA

View Full Version : Welcome new member, various problems

MoogerFooger
26-12-06, 11:00
Hello fellow forum members,

I'm new here and I wanted to share some of my problems. Maybe that could make me feel somewhat better.

I feel like there's something wrong with my life. The year of 2006 was great for me but I can only appreciate it rationally. I can't remember the last time I had any fun even though I can't really complain. I accomplished a lot this year, I travelled, I met a girlfriend but I am pretty sure that I didn't enjoy all this as much as I could. I always feel so tired, sluggish and sleepy. When I look at my life I feel like it lacks something important, like it lacks colour or strong pleasant emotions. The weird thing is that my mood seem pretty normal. I don't feel sad and I don't feel like crying apart from the moment the credits start rolling in in the movies. [8)] When I think about it I feel like it's been literally years since I felt great. I tend to assume that I could've got used to my condition or something? Could I? [xx(] I'm in a relationship (12 months) but I don't feel like it's helping me. I'm not satisfied with my sexual life too. I'm not sure if it is a cause or a consequence.

I am also big on anxiety. Health anxiety (skin cancer, rectal cancer, appendicitis), various phobias, fear of losing control, going mad, you name it. However, I managed to cope with fear of losing control and going mad thanks to this forum.

At the moment I'm suffering from bloated stomach and unpleasant sensations in my belly. I've had this for years but I still get freaked out easily, I get hot flushes all of sudden and start feeling nauseous. I often start checking myself out and palpating the tummy. I hate doing this but I can't help it. I am a medical doctor myself but I still can't get rid of the 'what-ifs' no matter what.

There's probably something very wrong with my life, I dunno. I had to let it out. Thank you for reading.

manmoor
26-12-06, 14:19
Hi Mooger,

A big warm welcome to you. I too have health anxiety so know how tough it can be. Everyone here is lovely so you will soon make new friends.

Take Care

Mandyxx

feels_like_home
27-12-06, 03:37
Hi,
I too feel this way. I just got married in the summer and strated my career. I have accomplished a lot, but feel I haven't enjoy it as much as I should have. I too feel like I am missing something. Anxiety takes away the fun part of life for me (not always, but most of the time). Instead of enjoying each and everyday, I worry about every little sensation I feel. I understand how you feel.
Take care,
Michelle

MoogerFooger
27-12-06, 07:49
Thanks for your concern, ladies. :) It's all going to work out in the end for all of us, I hope. Merry Christmas!