PDA

View Full Version : Tianeptine (Coaxil) withdrawal after 1,5 week

Ventussi
08-09-14, 11:01
Hi,

I had a psychiatrist visit about 2 weeks ago and due to my anxiety he prescribed me Tianeptine (Coaxil) 12,5mg twice a day. I've been taking it as the dr told me, but I haven't noticed any positive symptoms of it yet, however I've experienced some side-effects such as muscle weakness, stomach aches from time to time, uneasy feeling in the GI tract, sleepiness.

And I've decided that I want to stop it after it's too late. I've decided to visit a psychologist instead and try to work it all out without any drugs, because I hate taking drugs, especially those ones that give me side-effects. After all I'm not such a "bad" case yet.

Do you think that after 1,5 week of taking it twice a day it can be a struggle or maybe I can just give it up at once? Or maybe I should lower my dose to 1 per day for some time?

I don't feel like addicted to it yet, I haven't noticed any effects of this drug on me, that would change my mental state. I suppose it hasn't started working yet, so maybe it won't be so bad to give it up now.

Emphyrio
09-09-14, 02:33
After 15 days I'd just stop. These drugs start making lasting changes in the brain between around 4-8 weeks.

And trying to manage any issues without drugs is a good idea. Drugs should be a last resort because of the multitude of side effects. I'm currently experiencing protracted withdrawal from one medication - if I could go back in time I would tell my former self to make lifestyle changes and undergo CBT than go down the meds route.

Ventussi
09-09-14, 05:35
It's been 11 days actually. OK, I've stopped it but now I feel bloated and a bit anxious. I'm scared something worse gonna happen like diarrhea. Why did I ever start this thing, oh gosh... I shouldn't have visited this doc at all. I have IBS.

ZenPit
09-09-14, 19:36
Oh wow, glad I read this. I've been considering trying Tianeptine, albeit I don't have IBS I still don't want to experience any negative effects in terms of stomach cramps or stuff.