PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do

heths
26-12-06, 13:34
Hi everyone,

One of my old school friends has contacted me online. I haven't seen or spoken to her for years. Not because we fell out or anything like that, we just grew apart and lost contact with one another.

The thing is, I never spoke to her about my panic attacks at the time, she did know a bit. But I've been agoraphobic for the last 3 years, and although i've made some progress this year, I don't know what to say to her. There's only one of my old school friends I'm still in touch with who knows. And I'm worried what she will say and what she will think of me.

Do you think I should tell her or leave it a bit and then tell her? And also how do I tell her?

Heather x

Lynnann
26-12-06, 13:44
Hi Heths,

Why don't you just chat for a while and see how the land lies. If it just going to be an online friendship it is up to you if you tell her. I would probably leave it for a little while until you have got to know her again.

I have a similar dilema as one of my friends wants me to go on holiday with her, just the thought of it terrifies me but she does not know the problems that I am having.

So I guess when I work out how to tell her I might be more help on helping you to tell your friend.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

domino
26-12-06, 13:55
YES i would see how things go , i came across an old friends address the other week, and i thought i would risk it and send a christmas card. had one in return and she would like to get back in touch again,maybe meet up too. was i right sending the card in the first place? she to does not know about my p.a,s but then on the other hand ,it would be great to catch up. abit confused to what to do myself. i think when i do meet with her it will proberly come up anyway, as meet up,s do seem to chat about ,how are you ,what have you been up to etc. well heather, good luck in what ever you decide to do,and if you decide to tell her i,m sure she will understand.

heths
27-12-06, 12:25
Thank you both. I think I'll see how things go and take one step at a time. I've given her my e-mail address and I think when she asks how I am I'll say I'm kind of ok but I'll say I'll tell her more another time. Then I might explain when i feel ready.

Hope everything goes ok for you both with your friend.

Take Care,

Heather x

Piglet
27-12-06, 15:40
Yes I agree with the others, just see how your conversations go and take it from there.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

heths
27-12-06, 18:35
Thank you Piglet, I'll do that :)

Heather x