PDA

View Full Version : Scared of crowded places :(

Donna21
08-09-14, 18:30
Does anyone else have a fear of crowded places? I am sweating all the time going out on my own and feel as though people are looking at me! I can manage the familiar places but if I wanted to go somewhere a bit further I sweat, get palpitations, feel as though all eyes are on me and just want to run away! I really want to get back into work but how can i manage that? I avoid people I know also when out and about Incase I get into a state and they think I'm mad! :scared15

Annie0904
08-09-14, 21:05
This may be helpful to you http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=40

Petesy
25-09-14, 17:21
Hi Donna

I totally understand where you're coming from i've just experienced it an hour ago in one of Glasgow's biggest shopping centres (the size of 7 football pitches) and I thought everyone was looking at me noticing that I was pulling myself all in ready to run for a taxi :scared15:

Every step I took the floor felt like carpet and it's marble which was freaking me right out, palps, shortness of breath, disorientation, thought I was going to collapse!! And it's certainly not the first time... I'm the same as you in what you say about familiar places but their's only a select few i can tell if i'm feeling the fear creep over me :weep: it drives me crazy but at the same time I've been cooked up in the house because of that and don't want to go back to that again so now I have to force myself to leave..

Hope you are doing well now.

Petesy x

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Hi Annie

That information is great on the link i've downloaded them all :hugs:

Thanks

Petesy x

GingerFish
19-10-14, 13:21
I have a fear of crowded places too. I thought I was over it until last night when I went to the hydro to see Lee Evans live and I was right up the back and in the middle of the row so I felt trapped and the heat from that place didn't help. There was 13,000 people there. I couldn't enjoy the show because I was sitting there the entire time either in a full on panic attack or on the verge of another one.