PDA

View Full Version : I FEAR MS = Tingling feet and heavy achey legs,

JapanCanada
08-09-14, 18:55
Hi Forum!

Long time lurker and first time poster. :)

So I'm in my early 20's and during my teen and prior to few months ago I was always experiencing anxiety (to the point of feeling sick) and occasional panic attacks. Mainly due to family issues in the past, feeling of being alone and having no direction in life...

However recently the past few months things have been going great, I have a dream job I reallylike and pays well along with a nice place and actually have a direction with my future and anxiety has very much so disappeared... That is until recently...

So recently I moved to a tourist location and have had viral illnesses about 3 times in a span of 4 months due to all the people visiting and leaving. About nearly a month ago was the last time I was sick and just felt EXTREMELY fatigue and loss of appetite the next day but was feeling much better after 2 days.

Last week at my job I noticed my feet would go into pins and needles mode just after 2 minutes of stationary standing to the point I would have to move my feet to regain feeling and would occasionally feel SHARP pain. I instantly dismissed it but have noticed my feet would tingle very easily along with my legs and other parts of my body. It's worse when I get up first thing in the morning, it feels like I'm stepping on a carpet full of nails which instantly regains feeling once I leave my bedroom. Walking is no problem but when I sit down or stand still my legs would go numb, my feet would tingle and when I sit sometimes my glutes would go numb :unsure:

After this I went to the doctors who ordered a CT SCAN for me (which I have done today, will get the results in few days). While waiting for today I googled my symptoms and surprise ... MS came up. From then on, on the hour every hour I would google symptoms and reassure myself and try to find what my symptoms are direct to.

So far the only thing that concerns me are my tingling feet + legs. They have also felt really achey (the joints) and sorta heavy recently. I have no problem with balance but freak out thinking this will get worse.

Anybody have any opinions on this? I'm finding it hard to believe it's anxiety since these symptoms happened during a period I was not anxious at all... and actually at a time I was the happiest I've been in my life.

Dolphin8808
08-09-14, 19:00
You could very well have a pinched nerve in your back which standing can aggravate, I have that trouble as well.

What was the CT Scan on, your back?

JapanCanada
08-09-14, 19:07
You could very well have a pinched nerve in your back which standing can aggravate, I have that trouble as well.

What was the CT Scan on, your back?

It was just my head. I had other symptoms I told the doctor, lack of fatigue and slight flashing lights but they were very minor... and actually gone. I was pretty busy then working 2 jobs... sometimes 7 days a week so its understandable.

I also get tingling in my chin and fingers but 90% of the time it's the feet or legs... :weep:

I hope so it's a pinched nerve!