PDA

View Full Version : Living in fear and anxiety every day

Junot
08-09-14, 19:33
I'm coming to a point where I feel that I'm not able to escape fear (health-related) and anxiety anymore. It's rare the day I get through without experiencing this or that anxiety-related symptom or without having to take at least one anxiolytic (usually one won't do it). Lately it's mainly my stomach and bowels that have been suffering. I've been experiencing some slight pressure on the chest as well. It's funny that the body parts that are mainly affected by anxiety switch every now and then. When I feel anxious I measure my heart rate and it's often it the 70-80 bpm range. When I'm calm it's in the 60 bpm range. I know that 70-80 bpm is a normal heart rate, but it's only this low because I'm on a beta-blocker. Prior to the beta-blocker, my heart would easily beat at 100-140 bpm whenever I was in a state of anxiety. I'm finally seeing my cardiologist next Friday, I will show him the tests he told me to have done. Despite the fact that the tests have all come back relatively fine and that my GP has already seen them, I'm a bit scared anyway of what the cardiologist will say. At the end of this month I will also see a psychiatrist. It's a mental health center and there are psychologists as well. I hope that some sort of psychotherapy or CBT are enough to make me feel better, but if necessary I'm willing to give it another try on an antidepressant. It feels like that's the only way there is to relieve at least a bit of the emotional and physical pain and suffering I've been through these past few months.

Fishmanpa
08-09-14, 21:12
You're taking a positive step Junot. Acceptance and getting help are two of the best things you can do your yourself.

Good going and positive thoughts

Junot
09-09-14, 14:41
Thanks Fishmanpa for your posts and encouragement.