PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

messymind
08-09-14, 21:15
Hi all....just taken the step to join this and hopefully be anle to chat with other sufferers of this awful lonely problem! I suffer from crippling anxiety. .largely health related..I am constantly waiting for the call my mum has been taken ill..she is 80 and suffers poor health but plods on...she lives alone albeit just round the corner and is largely independent..I am an only child and love her to bits..I just know the end is near and have morbid tboughts of her funeral and death and vivid nightmaresI am happily married with 2 boys who I also worry constantly about. ...i have suffered with anxiety all my life. .im 44 now and am disgusted life is passing me by with these feelings..been on sertraline..switching to mirt tomorrow..things are not good..need an understanding bunch!

James1983
08-09-14, 21:26
Don't worry we are the most understanding bunch going! Sorry to hear that you are a fellow sufferer. i suffer with health anxiety and panic disorder but i worry about family being ill as well my Dad will be 79 in November and i worry about him and My Mum all the time and all the what if's.....take every day as it comes and try to think positive and treasure today. All the worrying we do cant change things it only makes things worse, easier said than done of course. Welcome to the forum.

Beckie4567
08-09-14, 21:31
It's a horrible thing to suffer with every day is a struggle so I no what your going thro all I can say is itl make u feel better to get things off your chest here and were happy to listen hope ya ok and ya mum also x

Baggs
09-09-14, 07:18
Welcome to NMP, love your name. I wish you all the best.

messymind
09-09-14, 21:07
Thanks everyone! I just read my rant from last night and cant believe that I introduced myself like that!! Thanks for the messages....it is a very lonely way to be..nobody truly understands unless they suffer and I personally feel guilty feeling like I do and very selfish as there are people out there with real problems who manage to smile....that nakes me ashamed and even worse!!..do you guys do a good job hiding what you're feeling?!..my pals at work think im this bubbly, cheerful, kind fun loving person!!!..im a good actor...and im not sure how much longer I can sustain it!! haha! had a mini melt down at lunchtime..felt very unsage and frightened so escaped to the loo to hide a bit!!!...talking helps and I would love to chat to you guys more to cheer one another along! x

Baggs
10-09-14, 06:52
If chatting in real time is your thing then the chatroom will be open to you once you have been a member for 5 days (I think) In there you won't have to act. All the best.

bluesparkle
10-09-14, 11:08
hello and welcome to nmp :)

over all my anx and panic are now good after many years of hard work but I also have health anxiety about others and cant quite seem to get over that , its horrid isn't it and it does stop you enjoying life to the full. I guess most people have health anxiety about themselves but as with most problems on here you will always find a few others that suffer from the same thing and if tey don't they will still understand and give time and help. no one makes you feel daft or that your question is silly on here they all know that every problem is very big to the person that is asking.
you will make loads of new friends on here.
keep posting
rach