PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety has hit a new high, not sure what is going on?

ShaunRyder
08-09-14, 21:43
Firstly, hello to everyone I am new here, was reading through a few posts and looks a great place!

So, i've suffered HA for about a year and a half, I am on 20mg anti depressants and attend counselling.

Saturday was my brothers wedding, so I had a few too drinks(ok a few too many, I know I shouldnt) on the Sunday was the usual hangover etc. But today, has been horrid, I feel like i've had a headache(But i'm not sure if i do?) I have felt sick, shakey, and just feel confused. My head just sort of feels a bit tight and just a weird feeling, It took me all day to shake all this off and started to feel calm and relaxed, a few hours later I found two ulcers in my mouth, one white and one red, and boom, I am now thinking mouth cancer, I have started to panic and get anxious and now the feeling of head feeling weird, shakey and confusion has come back on so now i think I also have a brain tumour and mouth cancer.

I cannot relax and just pacing around the house thinking that I will go to the doctors tomorrow, get sent to hospital for tests and be diagnosed with something! Deep down I know, all it is is maybe the drink from Saturday, and the ulcers are just well.. ulcers. But I cannot convince my self and I am adamant something bad is going to happen to me and I will be dead in a few months.

My anxiety came on about two years because of a year long court case I was involved in, losing my job and splitting with my girlfriend of 5 years all in the space of 6 months, it was getting better until 3 weeks ago my other brother was sectioned in hospital for psychosis so am really worried about him, but I dont think my symptoms are related to stress or anxiety, I believe I am ill and not long too live. What can I do??

Carnation
08-09-14, 22:25
Welcome to the Club Shaun Ryder.
The story sounds oh so familiar. It could be the story of many on here, including myself. But, it is Anxiety, you are not going to die. We are all still here and have suffered the same as you. It is a good idea to go to the GP, if only for the reason to put your mind at rest. You can get through this and you can get better!!!:)