PDA

View Full Version : Been to GP and still worried! Help!

KJE2282
09-09-14, 09:46
Hi all.

I've suffered with HA for 4 years on and off. I am back at a low low point and I'm struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My concern at the
Moment is mouth cancer (specifically tongue). I'm a 33 year old female, no smoker, very little alcohol. I know the stats! But still, we all know the score of HA.

I went to my GP and she checked thoroughly, and said I was fine, but still, I have this feeling on the left hand oft tongue (rubbing feeling on my teeth) and I'm so worried she has missed something.

I've increased my dose on citalopram from 10mg to 20mg last night and I've woken this pending with AWFUL anxiety. Please can someone give me some pearls of wisdom! I'm struggling!

Beckie4567
09-09-14, 09:50
I'm sure if she's thoroughly checked u over you r fine our mind can be a powerful thing sometimes health anxiety is horrible :( hope ya ok

wnsos
09-09-14, 13:14
My mum (non HA sufferer) seems to get a sore tongue whenever she's under a lot of stress cos she rubs the side of her teeth with it without even realising. Hope this eases you somewhat! X If the dr says she thinks there's nothing to worry about, I would listen to her as HA seems to get worse when we start to doubt the professionals. Then if you see her about it again at some point, you could ask her what she thinks the cause could be to put your mind to rest?

dapham
09-09-14, 14:15
Hi there.... please don't waste another second worrying about this ! I get it all the time, and particularly after a stressful spell. Rest assured it is absolutely normal xxx Now empty that worry box :yesyes: