PDA

View Full Version : Scan advise

Cags48
09-09-14, 15:19
I've had loads of tests before but never had a CT scan can anyone tell me what to expect and how long do you wait after for results and do they scan everything or just the bit the docs requested ? . Thanks

swgrl09
09-09-14, 15:50
I have one on Thursday ... no advice, as I've never had one either! But just wanted to say I empathize, and am in the same boat. I think they just do what the doctors requested. Mine is for my sinuses and when they called this morning to schedule it, she said it was just a sinus/facial CT (and less expensive than if it was a full head CT - I asked the price, which is why that came up).

The waiting will be the worst!

em79prez
09-09-14, 16:51
Its done on area dr specifies
I had one on neck... thorax. .. abdomen and pelvis 2 weeks ago.
My resulted were back within 48hrs and i was due back into haemo today but he let me know my results last week as i was anxious. I went private tho so dont know about public results

nomorepanic
09-09-14, 16:53
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Cags48
09-09-14, 17:49
So did you both go private ? Mines on the NHS so probably longer wait

swgrl09
09-09-14, 18:10
I'm in the USA, so it's all private.

em79prez
09-09-14, 18:53
I wouldn't have thought it take too long... i had xrays public abd results were done within about 3/4 days