PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have MND

glasgow6788
09-09-14, 17:27
Hi there I'm in a total panic and I cannot stop the way i'm feeling. about 1 month ago i started to have a sore should not in any pain but a discomfort that you know it is there but it feels weak but I can still do normal stuff, button my shirt, tie my lases, open a door, lifted the couch up to get my little girl her toys from under it. The last few days have been a nightmare because I noticed muscle fasciculations at the back of my right leg when i was scratching it, I cant feel the twitches but my calf with twitch then my lower leg, then the middle of my leg below the calf and its totally got me. I have convinced myself that my left arm is weak at the moment and with the muscle twitches in my right leg has got too be MND . I went too the doctor about my shoulder but she done some small exercises like squeeze her fingers, touching my arms lightly too see if I can feel it and she thought it was all fine, she did get me too get some bloods done which I have but wont get the results to thursday.

Can thinking about weakness perceive yourself to think it is weak and also thinking about the shoulder all the time will think its discomfort.

Please help as I cant sleep at night and its the first thing i think off when wakening up, my life is in total turmoil with this.

thank you.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Anyone Help[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Can I just ask is muscle twitches and a discomfortable shoulder 1st symptoms of MND?

cpe1978
09-09-14, 18:42
Glasgow, given that no one on this forum is a neurologist, I doubt very much whether anyone can genuinely answer that question. However what we can point out is a number of things:

- many many people here have experienced muscle twitching. It is an incredibly common thing to be associated with anxiety;
- MND is phenomenally rare, can't remember the stat but it is rare;
- many many people have posted on here worrying that they have MND. To my knowledge not one of them has;
- the fact that you are posting in a HA forum would indicate that you have HA. I would wager a fair sum that if you dealt properly with your anxiety that your physical symptoms would wain. Again, I am no doctor, but there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest that might be the case on this forum.

wnsos
09-09-14, 21:08
I read about MND a bit the other day and within the hour had so many twitches all in different parts of my body. I rolled my eyes at my body for it. I had the quick fear about it too of course, then came the eye rolling. Also I've had a really bad ache in my neck and shoulder for a few weeks. It gets worse the more I panic and the more stress I put on myself, so I'm putting that down to anxiety as well. It's horrible, it all is and a real pain in the bum. Like cp said, none of us are doctors but it does sound like anxiety.