PDA

View Full Version : Numbness in my leg and stinging skin, very scared but moving to uni on saturday :(

sophiemelissa
09-09-14, 20:54
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I wanted a second opinion.

I suffer from anxiety and have for a while now, but in December I started getting horrible aching legs which the doctor blamed on anxiety / depression.

Then these past few months have been HELL! I've been in so much pain, and getting so panicked and upset about it all.

Currently have one leg feeling really numb from my bum down to my foot, general achy legs and then I keep getting patches of skin on my arms and legs that feel like I've been sunburned and they sting and feel sore.

I'm so upset about it all, its ruling my life and I'm moving to university this saturday and scared of how I'm going to cope with this there. I've seen my doctor who has done full bloods (which are fine) and also a spine mri which was fine.

I'm sure it's a neurological problem though and don't know what to do :(

Mdeasha
10-09-14, 11:36
I can't comment on your specific perceived health problem sorry, but I can offer advice with moving to uni! If you go to your GP they can issue a letter to your university to make them aware of your anxiety issues it's a very standard practice. I'm in the process of this now (third year history student). It'll give you a lot of breathing space with assignments and some attendance issues, I'd also recommend informing your personal tutor ( if they're approachable enough) as they can act as a go to person away from home, isolation can be a kicker for anxiety. Hope this helps, any problems while you are there PM me as I am in the same boat and I know how daunting it can be!