PDA

View Full Version : Sore head, left side of face

puzzledlass
10-09-14, 01:11
I'm at a crossroads with my HA. Sometimes it feels like I'm doing better but then sometimes I feel that I am because I am just used to feeling this awful way.

My latest concern is a pain I've been feeling at top left side of skull, towards the back. My eye and nose on left side of face have also been feeling tender and sensitive. Scared.

Fishmanpa
10-09-14, 01:49
So the flashes resolved? Glad to hear that!

Positive thoughts

puzzledlass
10-09-14, 03:07
Re the flash, if it happens again I will see the doc about it.

I see what you're doing FMP ;)

Fishmanpa
10-09-14, 03:09
Re the flash, if it happens again I will see the doc about it.

I see what you're doing FMP ;)

Who me? I'm innocent ;)

Positive thoughts

puzzledlass
10-09-14, 03:13
Heheh I don't believe it for a second!

puzzledlass
10-09-14, 21:52
Ugh the pressure in my head is not nice. It changes from back of skull to very top of skull. Scared is something very bad as my memory has been terrible too and I've been dizzy :(

Beckie4567
10-09-14, 21:56
Health anxiety brings a lot of scarey symptoms :( I've had many from cold chills to twitching to shakes tremors all of witch when I relaxed I.e not often or didn't think about it went away I'm sure ull be fine I'm still awaiting results going tomoz :(

puzzledlass
11-09-14, 02:58
Anxiety does cause a lot of mental and physical grief that's for sure! Just worried....so worried

RaverNeko
11-09-14, 03:30
I totally understand your fears because I deal with them myself as well. To be honest it kinda sounds like it has something to do with your neck muscles. Do they feel hard/stiff/sore? That can cause a whole myriad of symptoms that aren't the most fun.

puzzledlass
11-09-14, 05:25
My neck is constantly sore and tight.

I need to get this one in check because it's not so simple as other illnesses I've had to rule out... For example doctors won't just send anyone that's worried about headaches for an MRI! So when I see doc on Monday I need to trust her.

RaverNeko
11-09-14, 05:40
Ahh, see!? It is your neck muscles then! When you go to the doctor, try asking about something called a "cervicogenic headache." That's a headache that's caused from your neck. These can actually become chronic because of bad posture, stress, sitting around all the time, etc. You can read about them here (http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/9273650/cervicogenic-headache-neck-headache-physioadvi.htm) as well as here (http://www.physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/neck-headache-cervicogenic-headache). Don't worry, these links are hypochondriac safe!

puzzledlass
11-09-14, 22:26
When I went to optician they said my eye health was fine... Is it true that many opticians pick these things up?

luc
11-09-14, 22:31
Why are you seeing the doctor on Monday?

puzzledlass
12-09-14, 00:59
To discuss the headaches.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

And my fears. Sigh.

luc
12-09-14, 19:46
I do not know what to say Puzzledlass. You need to see the doctor for Your HA. You need to try something different if you want to get better. Be kind to yourself , you sound like a lovely person. Lucia.

puzzledlass
12-09-14, 23:25
Now I am getting pain at the top of my head... what is this?

Nathan92
12-09-14, 23:36
I had/have this. I'm on a roll with posts today and people with similarities / exactly the same haha.

Sinusitis <--- its F*cking painful, without reading everything I'll tell you mine and you can say yes or no.

So pain (for me is on the right hand side of my face), above my right eye and below, feels like its painful behind the eye (almost like pressure), I have pain in my forehead and the side of my head and at the back. sometimes my nose feels like I've got a fizzy drink up there, (like a fizzing burning pain). I don't feel like my nose is blocked, but it does sometimes.

The pain is sharp, its there constant and goes away after pain meds (for me it takes a while after the meds for it to work). I have very little light sensitivity (if I go out in the sun, it hurts my eyes, but not killing, just like wow thats bright sorta pain).

I went to the doc about it, he gave me Antihistamines, A Corticosteroid Nasal Spray & Antibiotics, pain has gone, nasal spray helps with the mucus drainage and the antihistamines.. well they were a load of crap so I stopped using them.

I can recommend going to the doc, tell him about the pains and say you think it MIGHT be sinusitis because of - the pains where they are.

Also Your sinuses.. you have 2 in your cheek, 2 behind your eyes, 2 in your forehead, 2 in your tempes (like when I say 2, 1 left side 1 right side), you have them in the back of your head too. (so if they are blocked, you'll feel the pressure / pain as they fill up) Nasal spray and antibiotics will help, heck even the nasal spray will help, also try and blow your nose a lot to bring any mucus down thats there (helps drainage)

I wish you the best of luck! :)

Fishmanpa
13-09-14, 00:03
Now I am getting pain at the top of my head... what is this?

Perhaps just hypersensitivity to everything due to anxiety....

Positive thoughts

puzzledlass
13-09-14, 02:07
It's really sore now. Had to leave work early and heading to hospital now.

Nathan92
13-09-14, 06:38
good luck, I bet it's sinusitis it's a killer pain let me know please!!

Nathan92
13-09-14, 12:07
***bump***